HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony takes early console war lead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Sony takes early console war lead Empty
PostSubject: Sony takes early console war lead   Sony takes early console war lead EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 12:46 pm

From Yahoo! Games

Chris Morris wrote:
Not so fast, Microsoft.
During a keynote speech at the CES Show in Las Vegas, Sony Computer Entertainment President and Group CEO Andrew House, announced Tuesday that the company has sold through 4.2 million PlayStation 4 units worldwide as of December 28, 2013.

That’s more than 1 million units higher than some analysts were predicting -- and, perhaps more importantly, it handily beats Microsoft’s Xbox One initial sales. Yesterday, Microsoft announced that more than 3 million Xbox One systems were sold last year.

It's not exactly apples to apples, however, as Sony enjoyed a significant one-week advantage in 2013 by releasing the PS4 on November 15, compared to the November 22 release of the Xbox One.

But Sony’s numbers are particularly impressive when you consider the pace. The 4.2 million sales figure is double the last number Sony gave when reporting PS4 sales back on December 3. A breakdown of Microsoft's numbers, meanwhile, indicates that the Xbox One saw a slowdown during December. In other words, PS4 sales stayed consistent, while the Xbox One tapered off a bit.

Sony also trumpeted software sales, with 9.7 million titles sold at retail and via digital download. Consumers are embracing the system’s social features as well. Sony reported that PS4 users have streamed more than 1.7 million gameplay broadcasts through Twitch and Ustream so far, totaling more than 55 million minutes. Cue the joyful statement:

"The momentum of the PS4 system keeps getting stronger and we couldn't be more thrilled gamers worldwide are enjoying the incredibly immersive gaming experiences along with deep social capabilities and entertainment provided by our network," said House. "After a remarkable launch, we look forward to bringing even more exciting content and continuing to explore the power of the PS4 system by adding new features and services, including PlayStation Now, in 2014."

PlayStation Now is the official name for Sony’s streaming service, powered by cloud-based streaming service Gaikai, which will allow users to stream and play titles from all generations of PlayStation on the PS4 and Vita, among other systems.

The beta for that service is slated to start later this month, with a full rollout this summer, Sony said.
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/sony-takes-console-war-lead-more-4-million-184114796.html

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Sony takes early console war lead   Sony takes early console war lead EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:46 pm

Fo' shizzle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony takes early console war lead   Sony takes early console war lead EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 5:14 pm

isnt ps4 in more countries right now?

sony all the way tho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony takes early console war lead   Sony takes early console war lead EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Wii U FTW!!!

Just kidding, glad to hear the PS4 is beating the X-Box One. Still not sure which console Im going to get, want the PS4 more, but I really want RYSE: Son of Rome.....
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Sony takes early console war lead   Sony takes early console war lead EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 11:56 pm

As expected. 8)
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Sony takes early console war lead   Sony takes early console war lead EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:40 am

I want a PS4 now...definitely. I was deciding what I was going to get, but now I've made up my mind. I want a PS4. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony takes early console war lead   Sony takes early console war lead Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony takes early console war lead

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1