HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win   Empty
PostSubject: Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win    Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win   EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 3:42 pm

- Edge appeared on Chris Jericho's "Talk Is Jericho" podcast this week and discussed his first WWE Title win and more. Check out the highlights:

On winning his first WWE Title from John Cena: "I had Vince on my side. Vince was the only guy who believed I could break through … The week before New Year's Revolution I said 'Vince I got an idea. I'm a heel. I'm probably the most despised guy in the company. If I cash this thing in after I've held it for ten months, in a straight-up match, that's really stupid on my part, as a character. I can cash it in whenever. Why wouldn't I do it after the Elimination Chamber?" … "I get there and Vince says, 'prove me right.' You can see when I hand that briefcase over to him, he says 'prove me right'. They were only gonna give me three weeks. But in those three weeks I did everything I could to make them change their mind. 25 million hits on WWE.com the night I won the title. Big ratings."

Edge and Jerico on Cena wanting to be the last man standing against the Nexus at Summerslam 2010:

Jericho: "It was Team WWE vs. Team Nexus, and the finish boiled down to [Edge] and [Jericho] in there, but it was Cena against a couple of them. John wanted to do things a certain way and we told him 'you're wrong'. He did it anyways, and it sucked. And then after he came over to us and said 'I should have listened to you, but I wasn't seeing it that way.'"

Edge: "I remember. I was like, fine I'm out of the match by that point."

Chris Jericho: "He wanted to get DDT'd on the floor by Barrett, then kick out and beat them both. And you and I were like, that's the dumbest thing. That's just throwing it away for no reason."

Edge: "They should have gone over because they were so hot."

Chris Jericho: "We were fighting for Barrett to go over. And where's Wade Barrett now?"
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/308263#GdGtYvrmBY426Sem.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win    Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win   EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Ego trip moment for Cena

Last edited by Ghost of Xtrememas Past on Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win    Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win   EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 4:48 pm

They are out of character bashing Cena. Love it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win    Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win   EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Stone Cold having a podcast
Jericho having a podcast
JBL having a podcast
and etc...reminds me of how XWA members use to have their own "Q and A" show lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win    Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win   EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 10:04 pm

I need to listen to this podcast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win    Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win   Empty

Back to top Go down

Edge Says Vince McMahon Had His Back for First WWE Title Win

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1