HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:17 pm

James Cameron will shoot three sequels to sci-fi blockbuster 'Avatar' in New Zealand.
The 'Titanic' director announced the filming plans alongside New Zealand's Prime Minister John Key in Wellington today (16.12.13).

The films, which will be made by Cameron's Lightstorm Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox, have been welcomed in the country and the first sequel will be released in 2016.
According to Reuters, Economic Development Minister Steven Joyce said: ''The Avatar sequels will provide hundreds of jobs and thousands of hours of work directly in the screen sector as well as jobs right across the economy.''

'Avatar', starring Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, was the highest-grossing film in history and made $2.7 billion worldwide, along with winning three Academy Awards.
Cameron has already revealed he has ''an idea for a fourth'' movie in the franchise and said the forthcoming motion picture will tell the story of the ''early expeditions'' on the moon Pandora.

He told MTV News: ''Basically it goes back to the early expeditions of Pandora, and kind of what went wrong with the humans and the Na'vi and what that was like to be an explorer and living in that world.''

Producer Jon Landau revealed earlier this year that the director and crew will be shooting the second and third film back-to-back, with Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington rumoured to be returning as lovers Neytiri and Jake Sully.
Although Cameron hasn't announced an exact budget for the movies, he expects economies of scale will help the films cost less then $1 billion together.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 pm

FUCK

YOU

I hate that movie. Mad as hell
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 pm

Geez... 3?

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 4:00 am

What Teej said. Never watched a bigger pile of crap in my life...now we get three more. Charming.

I'd rather they rebooted Twilight... Shaking Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 10:34 am

^ Seriously...Twlight really?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 1:09 pm

^^ No way! I'd rather they rebooted Batman and Robin over Twilight. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 5:18 am

I don't really care but my annoyance was that it beat Titanic at the box office. Lame, I know.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:31 am

I wouldn't mind seeing more films Neutral 
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:42 am

Yeah That 

Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:08 pm

^^^ Funny, cuz Cameron also made Titanic. So basically he beat himself. Funny

And I never have actually sat down and watched Avatar.. it didn't get me interested at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 2:01 am

Titanic was overrated, Avatar just sucked. Plus, it started the BS 3D craze. Screw you James Cameron, even though your name always reminds me of the South Park song and episode with you in it!  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:39 am

I actually liked avatar. Doesn't need a sequel though.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:41 am

OMG RELLIM IS HERE!

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 7:25 am

OMG SATAN IS HERE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand   Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand Empty

Back to top Go down

Avatar: Three sequels filmed in New Zealand

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1