HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats Empty
PostSubject: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Truly think about this. Try not to put on a John Cena attack mode or defend mode. Truly think about how Cena truly measure up to the all time greats. With Starpower, name recordable, drawing ability, money making, talent. How does he measure up to guys Like Andre, Hogan, Bret, Shawn, Ric Flair, Rock and Austin. Is he on their level as a great, is Cena a shark or is he just a big fish in a small pond.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 pm

I'm pretty sure more people know who Cena is than Austin.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:41 pm

Wrestling isn't what it used to be. Less people pay attention to it compared to 15 or 20 years ago.

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:47 pm

^ During the New Gen era people where getting turned away from wrestling just like now until the Monday night wars truly begun.

^^ really? can you honestly say Cena is on Austin's level or has past him?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 pm

It's just not cool anymore. It was cool with Hogan, Rock N' Wrestling and The Four Horsemen. Then it became cool again with The NWO, Austin 3:16, ECW and DX. My non wrestling fan friends like Brock Lesner and CM Punk but that's about it. They also loved El Generico when I showed his matches.

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:59 pm

^ so you are you saying Wrestling can never become cool again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:06 pm

^ It can and it probably will. Fans may grow out of it but there'll always be new ones to replace them.
And I believe Cena is one of the wrestling greats. He basically IS the face of WWE and has been for many years. He's pretty much done it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:12 pm

With all his accomplishments and great moments...I truly believe Cena (when it comes to being a star) is about on Level with Triple H.

but I can almost put him lower than him because Cena never gets the right reaction. Don't cut any of that. "Any reaction is a good reaction" Bs.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:18 pm

BadNewsBull wrote:
^ so you are you saying Wrestling can never become cool again?
Depends what Triple H does when he gets full control.

I don't think TNA can do it. Every time they take two steps forward they take a step back or two. Sometimes three.

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:22 pm

^ That's because most top wigs in TNA don't know what the fuck they are doing. I mean they hardly advertise themselves for one thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:01 am

I don't think Cena is as big a draw as the others listed in the OP, not during there heydays. Andre, Hogan, Rock and Austin are names most everyone knows, due largely to their film roles (less so for Michaels and Bret, I think, and I'm not sure how well non-wrestling fans know Flair these days). Cena hasn't had as much cross-genre success, only doing a few TV spots, commercials and a couple WWE films nobody saw. For people on the outside looking in, things like that make more of a difference than, say, how many title reigns a guy has.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 4:36 am

People who I worked with often talk about how gay Ric Flair was Funny

Last edited by MooseNugget on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad bad grammar. I'm ashamed of myself :()
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Ehhhhhhh Cena is far superior to Triple H and probably is as well known, but less profitable than The Rock and Steve Austin. He's a celebrity, more so than Steve Austin ever was.

Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats FJBloTX
Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:38 am

He'll never be on the level of what Austin, Rock and Hogan were. They were at the top when wrestling was way more popular, especially in the case of Rock and Austin during the Attitude Era when everyone seemed to watch wrestling.

I see him a lot like Hogan where the character just clicked with so many people and became massive because of it, but media was different back then with a handful of channels and outlets to appear on. So when Hogan went on a show, everyone saw. These days, there is too much choice and it doesn't have as much impact.

He's just below them though, that's for sure imo and he's certainly in an elite short list of mega stars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats   Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats Empty

Back to top Go down

Does John Cena measure up to the all time greats

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1