HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie Empty
PostSubject: Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie   Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 am

Disney has announced it is developing Eoin Colfer's 'Artemis Fowl' novels for the big screen.
The live action film - which will be produced by Harvey Weinstein - will be based on the first and second instalments of the best-selling series, which has sold 21 million copies around the world.

The story follows 12-year-old Artemis who is a millionaire, genius and criminal mastermind. However, the young prodigy bites off more than he can chew when he kidnaps a fairy to harness her magic to save his family.
Michael Goldenberg - who worked on 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' - is writing the script, while Hollywood legend Robert DeNiro and Jane Rosenthal have teamed up to executive produce the project.

Disney's Sean Bailey commented: ''With its balance of mystery, adventure and family appeal, 'Artemis Fowl' is a natural fit for Disney,''
The studio boss also confirmed that top producer Weinstein will unite with Disney to produce the film, following his acrimonious departure from the company's subsidiary production firm, Miramax, in 2005.
Bailey added: ''We're looking forward to collaborating with Harvey on this exciting project.''
The unlikely pairing comes after a rift between former Disney chief Michael Eisner and the Weinstein brothers, Harvey and Bob, who were rebuffed in 2010 when they tried to buy back the Disney-owned production company they had once co-founded.

Disney later sold the company and its valuable film library to Tom Barrack's Colony Capital, but Weinstein - who optioned film rights to the 'Artemis Fowl' books in 2000 through Miramax - appears to hold no hard feelings and is excited about the project.
Harvey said: ''If you would have told me five years ago I would be producing a project with Disney, I would have thought you were crazy. [I] feel as though everything is coming full circle considering Bob De Niro and Jane Rosenthal brought me this book while I was still at Miramax and within hours I told them I wanted the rights to the film.

''This is a special project for me because my children absolutely love this book. This story is for everyone and there is no one better than Disney to make a film that will excite people young and old.''
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie   Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 am

I read all the books as a child and they were brilliant so hopefully the film follows suit
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie   Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 12:23 pm

I remember I was forced to read the books when I was a kid, because I was so smart, and apparently reading about another smart kid would be good for me...they bored the fuck out of me. Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie   Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney announces Artemis Fowl movie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1