HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  Empty
PostSubject: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 1:43 pm

As noted earlier, Journey Of A Frontman has an interview with Adam "Edge" Copeland, who discussed music. Here are a couple of highlights from the interview:
WWE replacing Rob Zombie's "Never Gonna Stop" as his theme with "Think You Know Me": "Replacing 'Never Gonna Stop' wasn't my choice. The copyright ran out on Never Gonna Stop. And the way that started is, I tore my labrum in my shoulder, but I didn't get surgery, so I ended up having a month off. So I threw a shot in the dark. I always hated that 'You Think You Know Me' music because it never fit me and what I actually listen to. I had actually said that I wanted to use this Black Label Society song and they were like, 'Okay, well here's our version of it.' And it just sounded like a bad ripoff with this cheesy voice. The guys that did Big Show's music and they did this version of Black Label and it was just not good. It just sounded like a bad ripoff. Rob Zombie, he had a new album coming out, 'Can we get this?' A shot in the dark. Next week, they brought me a copy of the CD, The Sinister Urge, and I was just like, 'Oh, really? Holy s--t!' I didn't think that was gonna happen. So I had four tracks and they said the album hasn't been released, so you can't let anybody hear this. And I said, 'Okay. Never Gonna Stop.' I come back from an injury, that makes sense. So I used it, really, really liked it. And then when I came back from the neck injury, they were like, 'Okay, well we can't use it.' And also if you watch DVDs, it's never on the DVDs. So they piped in my original music.

"When I was out with my neck injury, I met Mark Tremonti. I met him at a Metallica show, actually. And I went back to his place after and he played me what would end up being the first Alter Bridge album. I heard Metalingus and I was like, 'Dude, can I use that when I come back?' And he said, 'Yeah! Of course!" So that ended up being the genesis of it and when I heard it, it was actually Mark singing. It hadn't been Myles yet. So it was in its infancy, but I had heard that song. I was like, 'Okay, that's gonna be what I come to the ring to.' And that's how that all started."

If there was ever discussion of Alter Bridge playing his theme live at a WWE event: "My whole idea to me is if you're a heel in wrestling, you should not having a band playing for when you come out and people will react in a positive way. And I never wanted them to react in a positive way. So it never made sense to me when Motorhead showed up and did Triple H's song, you're supposed to be a heel. They're now gonna cheer you because you just had Motorhead playing you to the ring. So, to me, it just never fit. I was never a babyface at the point where it would have worked out. So, we kind of missed the boat on that. Looking back at Wrestlemania 24, I wrestled Undertaker in Orlando, which is Alter Bridge's hometown. That would have been the perfect night to do it. But I was the bad guy. If I had done that differently, it would have been a very cool moment for all of us."

Copeland also discussed his favorite live band performances on WWE television, bonding with Chris Jericho, his favorite band, getting on stage with Fozzy and more. You can read the full interview by clicking here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 4:38 pm

"You think you know me" isn't the same as Metalingus right? Cause that was my favorite Edge song.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 4:46 pm

"You Think You Know Me" isnt the same as the Alter Bridge song but those words are at the beginning of it.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 4:55 pm

I think this is the one he hated.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Metalingus was merely edited for Edge, the end being the beginning and whatnot.  Oh... theyve already clarified that... okay. And yes, it's not really being effective for a heel to come out to a live band, particularly when youre the top heel in the company.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:12 pm

I preferred Metalingus over all his other songs. Suited him the best tbh.

Also Caine, tell that to Punk who came out to a live performance of Cult of Personality at WM. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:17 pm

I was referring to Triple H at Mania X7, I do think his next entrance with a band was as face. Jericho can be excused tho... because hes KING OF MY WORLD
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Oh. CM Punk came out to a live version of Cult of Personality when he was "the top heel" and was feuding with Taker.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:47 pm

I know that... you just said that?!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:51 pm

Bitch

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 5:55 pm

But ya gotta love Motorhead, it's true.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:12 pm

Agreed. I also loved Living Colour, however.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 11:12 pm

I marked when I saw Living Colour play Punk out to the ring.

It worked for Punk because he was still that anti-hero to the fans even though he pretty much "pissed" all over the fans every time he came out. He didn't have heat on him like Edge did because there were still fans chanting his name in different arenas around the world. The fans loved him as a Face, a Tweener and as a Heel so whatever, right? They'll be chanting his name at the end of the day regardless. Give him the best entrance he's ever had at WrestleMania because he's supposed to be the Best in the World; all that shit.

Edge did a great job as a heel. I honestly think he's thee best heel in the modern era of the WWE and Alter Bridge kicks ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 11:22 pm

I liked the "you think you know me" bit. I also love AlterBridge. It meshed well together.

I miss Edge being there.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 1:32 am

CM Punk was not an anti-hero. He was a heel. and a very shitty one at that. Funny
Not through any fault of his own mind you, the fans that always cheered him ruined it for me.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 11:34 am

Saints Till The End [AMC] wrote:
CM Punk was not an anti-hero. He was a heel. and a very shitty one at that. Funny
Not through any fault of his own mind you, the fans that always cheered him ruined it for me.
My point exactly. I used the term "anti-hero" as to say he looked like a tweener; he hated the fans and the fans still gave him a positive ovation. This is why he was an anti-hero for me and in the fan's case when in actuality, he was on a heel run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense    Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense  Empty

Back to top Go down

Edge On Why WWE Changed His Theme, Hating 'You Think You Know Me,' HHH's Song Not Making Sense

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1