HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member Empty
PostSubject: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:36 am

In a move which has left viewers and long-time fans reeling in shock, the US animated comedy Family Guy has knocked off a member of the Griffin familly.
Brian, the family's beloved pooch, was killed in an episode which aired in the US this week.
The character has been voiced by Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane since the pilot episode, which was broadcast in 1999.

"We thought it could be a fun way to shake things up," executive producer Steve Callaghan told US media.

It had been suggested in the show's writer's room that a member of the family be killed off and after a length discussion it was decided that it would be Brian.

"It seemed more in the realm of a reality that a dog would get hit by a car," Callaghan said.
"As much as we love Brian, and as much as everyone loves their pets, we felt it would be more traumatic to lose one of the kids, rather than the family pet."

Compounding the surprise, the Griffins almost immediately adopted a new dog named Vinny, who is voiced by actor Tony Sirico (The Sopranos).

"Where Brian was sort of a match for Stewie intellectually, Vinny is a good match for Stewie because he doesn't let Stewie get away with any crap," Callaghan said.

Although the producers are confident they have made the right call, fans are less certain and a backlash is already brewing.

"Our fans are smart enough and have been loyal to our show for long enough to know that they can trust us," Callaghan said.

"We always make choices that always work to the greatest benefit of the series."
Cartoon shows have capitalised on killing off characters and the marketing which goes with it for many years.

The Simpsons killed off family neighbour Maude Flanders and is planning to kill off another "major character" early in 2014.

But shows - even animated shows - rarely kill off a main character.
A hashtag pushing for the producers to repeal the decision, #BringBackBrian, has already surfaced on the social network Twitter.

And an online petition at change.org created by fan Aaron Thompson from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, has drawn more than 2000 signatures.

"Brian Griffin was an important part of our viewing experience," Thompson wrote.
"He added a witty and sophisticated element to the show. Family Guy and Fox Broadcasting will lose viewers if Brian Griffin is not brought back to the show."

Another page, a Facebook page titled RIP Brian Griffin From Family Guy, has drawn more than 110,000 "likes" and is still growing. 20th Century Fox has not commented on the backlash. MacFarlane issued a brief statement to the trade newspaper Variety saying only "this is the first time I’ve ever gotten positive feedback from [comedian] Tina Fey."

The episode, Life of Brian, will air in Australia on the digital channel 7mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:44 am

Not happy with that Shaking Head Completely wrong decision. That's not "fun"

That'll be too sad. The feels man Sad
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:17 am

I'm almost sure they'll bring him back. Funny
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:19 am

^Apparently there are future episodes with his name in the titles, so probably.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:29 am

From one animated comedy to another...

Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member I_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_20
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:35 am

Where was the outrage when they killed off Diane Simmons? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:43 pm

Yeah That I aint bothered

Anyways, 1. Family Guy sucked. 2. the "Brian" character sucked IMO. 3. It's a cartoon that freely uses time machines. This isn't a big deal. 4. It's TV. Even a non-cartoon show could have ghost episodes / flash-back episodes 5. Yall got played for caring.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah That
He's obviously gonna come back. And I didn't even like him tbh. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:44 pm

I liked him, but yea he's gonna come back
This whole Killing him thing is for publicity I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:49 am

2 ChIanz wrote:
Yeah That I aint bothered

Anyways, 1. Family Guy sucked. 2. the "Brian" character sucked IMO. 3. It's a cartoon that freely uses time machines. This isn't a big deal. 4. It's TV. Even a non-cartoon show could have ghost episodes / flash-back episodes 5. Yall got played for caring.
Ex-squeeze me!

1. Family Guy doesn't suck. I have like all Season 12 DVDs. It started sucking after Season 8 or 9 ..

2. The Brian character was annoying at times. Especially when Seth started going on about his atheism with the character. I found that one sided and stupid.

3. They crushed it. But true.

4. Not good enough.

5. Maybe.

Though I read about Brian's name on future episode titles. So well see what happens with that.

Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:21 am

Fuck you all, Brian was awesome. Hope he comes back. walk
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 2:43 am

Brian was annoying as hell
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 5:58 am

Bitch 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 9:23 am

I don't even watch Family Guy, but even the sports radio station when in my car was talking about this Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 10:42 am

I like Family Guy and I like Brian. I'm not in sudden depression because they killed a cartoon character like how several others are, but I'm sure they'll bring him back. The whole reason they killed him in the first place is because they want fresh new ideas for the season and killing off Brian was a major thing that they did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member   Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Guy Kills Off Griffin Family Member

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1