HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside) Empty
PostSubject: Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside)   Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:31 am

Last night’s Classic Rock Awards were typically brilliant, and a host of amazing names ended up taking home some prestigious gongs.

Here’s who won what on the night!

The Living Legend Award (Sponsored by Orange Amplification) – Black Sabbath
Event Of The Year (Sponsored by Roadrunner) – Black Sabbath go to #1 spot
Breakthrough Award – Virginmarys
The Musicians’ Union Maestro – James Dean Bradfield
Tommy Vance Inspiration Award (Sponsored by Spinefarm Records) – Rory Gallagher
Outstanding Contribution (sponsored by Monitor Audio) – Mott the Hoople
Classic Album (sponsored by Eagle Rock) – ‘Blues Breakers With Eric Clapton’ – John Mayall
V.I.P. Award (sponsored by currencies.co.uk) – Shep Gordon
Metal Guru (sponsored by Mascot Label Group) – Zakk Wylde
Best New Band (sponsored by Kraken) – The Temperance Movement
Album Of The Year (sponsored by Live Nation) – Black Sabbath 13
Reissue Of The Year (sponsored by Alchemy) – Fleetwood Mac Rumours 35th Anniversary Edition
Film Of The Year – Led Zeppelin ‘Celebration Day’
Band Of The Year (sponsored by Investec) – The Rolling Stones
Spirit Of Prog (sponsored by USM / UMC) – Alex Lifeson
The Showmen– The Darkness
Innovator – Wilko Johnson
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside)   Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:35 am

Black Sabbath owning as always Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside)   Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:53 am

I can't help but feel that Sabbath won just because they're Sabbath. Like, if Ozzy had just farted down the mic they still would have won because they're Sabbath. Luckily 13 was actually quite good, although I'm not sure I'd call it my album of the year.

Nice to see Wilko Johnson, who only has a few months left to live, given something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside)   Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside) EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:57 am

Well being a massive Sabbath fan, I can say 13 was a very good album and it went back to the sounds people know as Sabbath. I'm fairly certain that if it sucked, people would let them know. I know for me if it was a let done, I'd let my feelings be known. I was worried it was just going to sound like a regular Ozzy album leading up to its release.

As for it being album of the year, I couldn't judge, as I don't listen to much else lol. Still beats that MTV shit I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside)   Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside) Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath, Zakk Wylde, The Darkness Win Classic Rock Awards (Full List Inside)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1