HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ouya CEO 'Committed To Making This Work'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ouya CEO 'Committed To Making This Work' Empty
PostSubject: Ouya CEO 'Committed To Making This Work'   Ouya CEO 'Committed To Making This Work' EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/how-ouya-aims-to-accelerate-the-path-for-indie-devs

Ouya wants to be the new home for independent developers looking to break down barriers. In a panel at GDC Next in Los Angeles today titled “Why Now Is the Best Time Ever to Be a Game Developer,” Ouya’s CEO Julie Uhrman and “developers’ best friend” Kellee Santiago explained how Ouya is working with creators to make releasing games a simple process, and why it’s “never been easier” to create a game than it is right now.

“It really has never been easier to build games before,” Uhrman said. “Between the growing number of platforms and the growing number of engines to the fact that every single person today is a gamer. I truly believe that. I think one of the things that mobile and tablets did was create an instance for us to always engage and to play something.”

Uhrman believes that Ouya can “play a vibrant role in that,” as the company is aiming to bring “emotionally immersive, inventive, innovative games back to the television and allow any single developer to do that.” Today, Ouya passed the 500 games mark and Uhrman says thousands of independent developers have downloaded the Ouya Development Kit “with the intention to bring a game to Ouya.”
Back to top Go down

Ouya CEO 'Committed To Making This Work'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1