HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's wrong with TNA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

What's wrong with TNA Empty
PostSubject: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:01 pm

I watched last week for the first time in a while.

Coming off their 'big' PPV, new angles getting started, figured it would be a good time.

And I do this to myself a couple of times a year for some reason, and it's always ALWAYS the same.

I can sum it up with what came on the screen probably halfway through as they went to commercial break. Something like:

"Coming up, Kurt Angle talks about Bound for Glory."

The key word being "talks."

That's ALL they ever do is talk. I watched for like 90 minutes and I swear they had two matches and maybe 7 minutes of wrestling.

I understand the need for promos, for character development, for backstage vignettes.

I don't understand why they can't do all that AND show some wrestling.

They can't compete with WWE, but they CAN offer an alternative. And that alternative, with a talented roster, is to SHOW SOME WRESTLING. That is the one thing that they can do is bring 2 hours filled with wrestling, with ACTION, which is supposedly in the name of the company.

It should be Total Non-Action, or Talk Not Action.

If I want to see people not wrestle, I can watch baseball. Or the Home Shopping Network.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't understand why they feel the need to be so promo heavy. They must not realize that they can produce a better in ring product then anyone else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 pm

I'm on a TNA news site and the people there were hooping about it being a great impact, but to me, it was the same ole same ole.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 10:48 pm

It seems like they drive more action, and then people complain there is no storyline. Then they have a sort of auto immune reaction to that and swing to the other pole.

They don't have talented enough writers to strike a balance between the two, and they haven't in five years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 pm

I agree that their writers are shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 pm

I said this in the other thread, and i was told it was a good show and a breath of fresh air. 52 minutes of promos and segments in the first hour is bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 12:16 am

Last time i paid attention to the actual in ring time TNA had almost 2x the in ring time of WWE, but it def has slowly been declining for a while. We will see what happens, future does not look abounding.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:05 am

Personally I liked that episode of Impact because the stories (for me) were good and told well, but often at times the storylines can be very meh and make you wonder why you're watching.

With that said, I've never been a fan of having a large promo be followed by another large promo. You sit there slowly wondering when the last match was.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:42 pm

They also had a Bro-Mans celebration that was interrupted by a walk-in that was interrupted by ANOTHER walk-in.

It's like a bag within a bag within a bag.

I don't even think the Bros were still around by the end of their own celebration -- it was like they used their celebration to start an angle between two other tag teams and forgot about the champions.

SMH.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's wrong with TNA   What's wrong with TNA Empty

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with TNA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1