HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK Empty
PostSubject: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Earlier today, TNA President Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) tweeted this out:

"Delighted to announce TNA will hold our 1st international PPVs on our UK Tour - ALL 4 UK events recorded for TV! http://tiny.cc/0pom5w"

As part of this years Maximum IMPACT VI tour TNA will be taping two One Night Only pay-per-views in the Manchester Phones 4u Arena on January 31st and the Birmingham NIA on February 2nd. These will be themed as the British Empire Cup  and Jokers Wild 2 respectively.

Also added to the list of IMPACTWrestling stars that will be going on tour are Kurt Angle, Rockstar Spud, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, ODB, Brooke, Knux, Robbie E, and Jessie Godderz! This all in addition to the TV tapings in the Glasgow SSE Hydro on January 30th and Wembley Arena in London on February 1st. Finally, there will be footage shot for IMPACT Wrestling at the Dublin National Stadium on January 29th as well!

The British Empire Cup will be a one-night tournament featuring seven TNA Talents and one additional talent determined by winning an International Gauntlet Battle Royal. The British Empire Cup will return on an annual basis to be defended.

TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK Newukposter2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 12:20 am

When TNA does shows in the UK do you think they turn a profit?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 2:39 am

They had a HUGE ass crowd last time they had Impact there.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 am

^^
They are almost sold out each time and when I went a couple of years ago, they sold a shit tone of merchandise too. So yes, easily, otherwise they wouldn't do it every year.

I'm hoping to go to the Manchester one for this, but not sure yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 12:13 pm

that is what i was believing, so maybe they are trying to get a bump in money, before carters dump out and leave the company back in orlando?

The crowds looked awesome from last year, and apparently TNA is much more over in UK
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 5:37 pm

I'm not sure it's that. The UK crowd over here have been asking for years to have their own PPV and now TNA have listened. I'm sure we would have preferred a legit one like Lockdown or something, but this is pretty sweet regardless. I always hope that one day TNA has the balls to come and do Bound for Glory over here.

Yeah, we love TNA over here. Can't get enough, frankly. The Manchester show I went to a couple of years back was only a live event, but it was lively as heck especially when Sting, Hogan and AJ Styles made their entrances. Was nearly full capacity too. Great fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 am

how do you think the crowd would be if there was no Styles or Hogan?
since its possible if not probable that neither one of them will be there.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 5:02 am

Well I can guarantee you right now AJ Styles will be "back" in TNA way before then. He is TNA's biggest draw and keeping him off their biggest tour of the year would be dumb as all hell.

However, hypothetically speaking, the reactions would still be awesome. Hogan's was a nostalgia pop and a bunch of people turned up just to see him, granted, but even if he wasn't there no one would have noticed. Most turned up to see Sting, myself included, but also the rest of the show. Gunner was getting good heat for crying out loud and he had the personality of a slapped arse back then. Storm got a huge pop too.

The UK crowds are great for TNA. They are actually one of the very few that still boos the heels and cheer the faces, on the whole anyway bar a couple. Awesome talents like Roode, who was Champion at the time, were getting heavy boos. The difference here is, the crowd invest in the product a lot more and, therefore, react to everything that's going on. So yeah, they would still go nuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:24 pm

^nice!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 pm

Chilly wrote:
The UK crowds are great for TNA. They are actually one of the very few that still boos the heels and cheer the faces, on the whole anyway bar a couple. Awesome talents like Roode, who was Champion at the time, were getting heavy boos. The difference here is, the crowd invest in the product a lot more and, therefore, react to everything that's going on. So yeah, they would still go nuts.
See this, Americans? This is the way it SHOULD be. Boo the heels, cheer the faces, take notes. Mad as hell

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 2:01 pm

Correction, the Americans in the IMPACT ZONE should take notes. They would cheer the heels way back when they had the seperate tunnels that told people who were bad and who were good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK   TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA to Tape 2 PPVs and 2 IMPACTS in the UK

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1