HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   Empty
PostSubject: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:38 pm

According to Pwinsider.com, TNA management held a meeting for talent this afternoon in Salt Lake City, Utah to discuss the TV taping situation. Talents were informed that on the road Impact tapings would be ending after the next taping in Cincinnati, Ohio. 

They were then informed that they would be taping in Orlando, FL at Universal studios on November 21st, 22nd and 23rd. They are also locking in dates to tape in December.

Word is that they will not be using the same soundstage that they previously used for Impact and PPV. They will be in a different space that is said to be "smaller length wise, but wider in space."
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/301705/TNA-Holds-Meeting-With-Talent-%E2%80%93-Discusses-TV-Taping-Situation.htm#szmDoUofC1Dydueb.99
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:40 pm

I called this. They're coming back to Orlando permanently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:03 pm

they should have gone back to the asylum. not orlando
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:59 pm

They had a good thing going with Universal, but left it all to go on the road. Now they're going back.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 am

^^
Universal makes way more sense as they can record and edit a lot better there. Clearly the place wants TNA there and enjoyed them being an "attraction" for however many years.

As long as they make the place look far more legit than it was previously and can cram more people inside, this is a wise move. I do hope they still take their shows on the road every now and then and have every PPV they do in an arena. Slowly, but surely, they can start turning profit again and bring that fan base back in. Lick your wounds and move on. At least they are trying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 pm

have you ever seen the show at orlando?
i guess they were turning a profit on TV views or something unless they get a very tiny cut of Universal ticket prices, cuz the show is free there. and merch was stupid cheap when i was there.

As far as cramming people in, unfortunately i think that occupancy load issues is what plagued the impact zone. The hard camera side never had as many people as the camera side and think thats was due to occupancy load stuff.

Nate, would u agree with me here, i know youve been to quite a few when they were there
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:41 am

They ain't paying massive costs to be there, so right there that slashes a lot and allows profits.

And they can make the set look way better than what it was before and they might get more people in. As long as it looks legit on TV, it's fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:49 am

that what i was saying is that TV profits outweigh the costs to use the studio.

im sure they could make it look better, with angels and proper camera work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 1:35 pm

a lot of the guys have homes in FL. So it's a better for a lot of people
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 6:51 pm

Chilly wrote:
^^
Universal makes way more sense as they can record and edit a lot better there. Clearly the place wants TNA there and enjoyed them being an "attraction" for however many years.

As long as they make the place look far more legit than it was previously and can cram more people inside, this is a wise move. I do hope they still take their shows on the road every now and then and have every PPV they do in an arena. Slowly, but surely, they can start turning profit again and bring that fan base back in. Lick your wounds and move on. At least they are trying.
If Universal truly wanted them there, they wouldnt of allowed the lease to expire without trying to get a new one in place. TNA going back to Orlando is more of TNA approaching them rather than Universal coming to the company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:09 pm

damn I hope they don't cancel the uk tv tapings as they are all ways the best to see on tv with the best crowds, maybe im biased because im from the uk lol
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 12:56 am

Dead wrote:
If Universal truly wanted them there, they wouldnt of allowed the lease to expire without trying to get a new one in place. TNA going back to Orlando is more of TNA approaching them rather than Universal coming to the company.
Yes.

CyanideHarvey wrote:
have you ever seen the show at orlando?
i guess they were turning a profit on TV views or something unless they get a very tiny cut of Universal ticket prices, cuz the show is free there. and merch was stupid cheap when i was there.

As far as cramming people in, unfortunately i think that occupancy load issues is what plagued the impact zone. The hard camera side never had as many people as the camera side and think thats was due to occupancy load stuff.

Nate, would u agree with me here, i know youve been to quite a few when they were there
Quite a few, yes. I was at the Impact where Mick Foley revealed Chyna. My dad works for Direct Auto, so he would get invited to shows and I'd tag along. I met Brooke Tessmacher, T.K.--ERM Crimson, Jesse Neal back when he was still there. I met Pope and took a picture with him. I met RVD at an autograph signing with SoCal Val, like, two days before the Sacrifice pay-per-view where the main event was RVD vs. Bobby Roode for the world title in a Ladder Match (Roode obviously won). My dad met Bully Ray and Devon AND Matt Morgan. I wanna meet AJ Styles one day.

But yeah, I totally agree with the hard camera thing. Plus back in Soundstage 21, they could only fit so many people. Rolling Eyes The new space is bound to be smaller.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:30 am

Dead wrote:
Chilly wrote:
^^

Of course they want them there otherwise they wouldn't have given them their biggest sound stage for however many years it was and then welcome them back with open arms when they want to return...never stated Universal asked them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation    TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation   Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA Holds Meeting With Talent – Discusses TV Taping Situation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1