HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way... Empty
PostSubject: 'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way...   'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way... EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 2:04 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3256925/scream-5-will-end-the-franchise-if-harvey-weinstein-has-his-way/

Harvey Weinstein took part in a Masterclass at the still underway Zurich Film Festival in Switzerland, where his company is screening a plethora of films. Indiewire writes from the festival with quotes from Weinstein, who reportedly is still pushing to get Scream 5 made. What’s holding it up? Brother Bob, that’s who…

Weinstein said that he’s urging his brother Bob, who heads Dimension Films, to make Scream 5 a reality. “Everyone lived in Scream 4,” he said, explaining that all the characters could return for another run-in with Ghostface.

But the big news is that Harvey hopes to wrap things up with a fifth Scream. “I’m begging him to do the movie and just end it,” he reveals. “We’ve milked that cow.”

Speaking of milking the cow, right now Wes Craven is developing a “Scream” television series for MTV. Jay Beattie and Dan Dworkin are currently penning the pilot presentation.

What I don’t think the Weinstein brothers understand – or maybe they do – is that fans truly are clamoring for another Scream. Bloody Disgusting receives inquiries for updates on a weekly basis from fans desperate for any nugget of news. Well, here it is, Harvey is ready to end the franchise once and for all.

With a reported budget of $40M, the fourth film in the franchise took in close to $100M worldwide at the box office.
Back to top Go down

'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way...   'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way... EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 12:25 am

That'd be interesting. It's Definately take the Reality route next. It shouldn't be the last. Though I'd hate if it turned into those I Know What You Did Last Summer sequels. Horrible.
Back to top Go down

'Scream 5' Will End the Franchise, If Harvey Weinstein Has His Way...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1