HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Battleground the worst show of the year?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Is Battleground the worst show of the year? Empty
PostSubject: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 5:31 pm

I listened to several people talk about it and it seems outside the Smackdown tag title match everything else should be skipped.

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyMon Jul 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Maybe they're intentionally tanking so they can finally have some competition for once suspicious
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 12:20 am

I only saw Owens/AJ, the Breezango segment and the main event, although I've heard the tag titles match was very good. I thought Owens/AJ was a great match with a weak finish, the Breezango segment was hilarious and the main event was surprisingly good despite the match type. Also, I marked out for Khali. It's 2017 and they somehow managed to find a way to make me mark out for Khali.

That's all I've seen of the show, but based on that alone, I wouldn't call it the worst show of the year. The people I've talked to about the show seemed to agree the Tag Titles match was the best match, but they didn't seem to think there were any really bad matches, just nothing else was particularly special, which wouldn't make it the worst show of the year, for me.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 12:53 am

Giggity Gopher wrote:
I only saw Owens/AJ, the Breezango segment and the main event, although I've heard the tag titles match was very good. I thought Owens/AJ was a great match with a weak finish, the Breezango segment was hilarious and the main event was surprisingly good despite the match type. Also, I marked out for Khali. It's 2017 and they somehow managed to find a way to make me mark out for Khali.

That's all I've seen of the show, but based on that alone, I wouldn't call it the worst show of the year. The people I've talked to about the show seemed to agree the Tag Titles match was the best match, but they didn't seem to think there were any really bad matches, just nothing else was particularly special, which wouldn't make it the worst show of the year, for me.
Well the only par per views that could be worse than this would be those TNA One Night Only shows NAH

Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 12:56 am

If a show that's just kinda average is the worst show of the year, that's pretty good for WWE.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 1:02 am

Wow it's at 1.80 on cagematch panic

https://www.cagematch.net//?id=1&nr=171586

I think those guys are trying to compare Battleground to The G1 shows clown

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 1:15 am

Yeah, I think at any other time of the year Battleground would have been just a mediocre PPV, but it happens to be during possibly the greatest G1 tournament ever (that's what people that have been watching it for years are saying, not me), so it's getting absolutely shit on. Funny
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 1:19 am

I checked and GFW still does the One Night Only shows. I imagine one of those would have to be worse than Battleground.

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 5:21 am

Really that's not fair to say about the one night only's. TBH anything that happens at those shows isn't even I guess lack of a better term, canon to gfw as they are never talked about and anything that happens is never brought up. So I don't consider them official ppvs. Imo Battleground wasn't the worst but it sure was fucking boring. Apart from the tag team match and ko vs aj apart from the stupid ending, I literally feel asleep during most of the matches.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:34 am

Road Dogg has been blocking everyone on Twitter who said that Battleground sucked ROFL!
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:36 am

Is Battleground the worst show of the year? G2U4KMS

Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyThu Jul 27, 2017 1:39 am

I guess that's what happens when you let TNA guys write the show Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
Phelan
Jobber
Phelan

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? EmptyFri Jul 28, 2017 9:18 pm

I quite liked Jinder Mahal winning, now there is a Punjabi stable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Battleground the worst show of the year?   Is Battleground the worst show of the year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Battleground the worst show of the year?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1