HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've started watching NJPW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

I've started watching NJPW Empty
PostSubject: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 10:57 am

and I have been most impress with what I have been seeing. Yeah I know i have talk about how I don't like making it seem as a serious sport as possible like ROH and other companies try to do. But NJPW imo does it right. Maybe because of the culture that is in japan, but I think NJPW does this style amazingly And they still mange to create interesting stories out of it.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Did you buy New Japan World, or do just wait until something drops on YouTube and Dailymotion? Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Well they have to take it seriously, because Japanese culture is all about respect. There's a niche for goofy wrestling over there (DDT) but most people want it to be serious, so it is. I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 11:27 pm

NJPW/ROH is the best wrestling in the world.

I've started watching NJPW FJBloTX
I've started watching NJPW Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 11:39 pm

NJPW I agree with. ROH maybe with in ring work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyMon Feb 27, 2017 11:58 pm

My Top 10 NJPW Stars

10. Goto
9. Katsuyori Shibata
8. Hiromu Takahashi
7. Suzuki
6. Guerrillas of Destiny
5. Michael Elgin
4. Kenny Omega
3. Okada
2. Tanahashi
1. Naito
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 12:37 am

NJPW and ROH are like one entity. They do joint shows in February and May (5-7 times per year) and about another 25-30 total shows where guys from one company appear on the other.

I've always said that ROH's TV is not a real product. It's a commercial for their live events. Seriously Bull, it's the best pro wrestling in the world. Go to a show when they're in your area.

Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 12:47 am

Having went to two ROH shows last year, they were amazing experiences.

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 12:55 am

I have given them chances, I have watched their shows and parts of PPV. I'm sorry I'm not a fan of ROH. It's cool that you are, but I find ROH to be Diet NJPW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 am

if there is ever a show around I might got to it to give them one final chances, but I find it hard to get into a company I have hardly ever cared about in years. Not that I want it to die because I know it has played a huge impact for wrestling as far as the talent. Classic ROH I find to be better than it's current state. Many of today's stars imo don't hold a candle to the likes of Homicide, Bryan Danielson, Nigel Mcguinness, Kings of Wrestlings, Tyler Black, Austin Aries and Joe. Maybe that is unfair to say, but it is how i feel.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 am

I like NJPW, but it's not something I'd watch on a week to week basis. Just my opinion, but it seems like a lot of guys, mainly the top guys, mail it in over there when it's not a big main event match or the G1 Climax. But yes, the best wrestlers are in Japan.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 5:39 pm

RoH is in the process of falling apart though cause Delirious is a dickhead. Funny
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 3:57 am

I really don't think they are.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 6:33 am

TJ Ω wrote:
RoH is in the process of falling apart though cause Delirious is a dickhead. Funny
What? itchy head

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 7:55 am

Fans on the internet think because there are people leaving that everyone is super upset with Delirious booking NJPW stars strongly which doesn't make any sense. Some of the anger I think is real but most of it is just Sinclair being cheap as shit.

In reality WWE has been pulling their old business practices (And they're headed for a lawsuit over Kyle O'Reilly) and the people they paid to trash other promotions on the internet are actively swaying public opinion.

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 9:31 am

If they ever wanted to spend the money Sinclair can crush WWE.

TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 7:23 pm

There was a story several months back that he got one of the refs (I think) fired for having a friendly conversation with his girlfriend. And he apparently totally derailed a storyline halfway through recently where they brought in Kevin Sullivan to manage somebody because him and Joe Koff thought that Sullivan was trying to get on the creative team and take his job.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Also they've lost two full commentary teams and half their upper midcard in the past 3-4 months.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 2:19 am

TJ Ω wrote:
There was a story several months back that he got one of the refs (I think) fired for having a friendly conversation with his girlfriend. And he apparently totally derailed a storyline halfway through recently where they brought in Kevin Sullivan to manage somebody because him and Joe Koff thought that Sullivan was trying to get on the creative team and take his job.

To me that was total fake news. Even if Kevin Sullivan did want to take his job (Which I doubt is true given how hard Jim Cornette has put over Hunter Johnston) don't you think it's more likely no one wanted to see a Kevin Sullivan angle in 2016 and Delirious just caught on? I mean, that shit wasn't remotely over.

When I saw that Kevin Sullivan was doing ANYTHING on ROH I cringed so hard.

TJ Ω wrote:
Also they've lost two full commentary teams and half their upper midcard in the past 3-4 months.

Who am I missing? They lost Nigel and Steve. Who else? Kevin Kelly left his ROH office job but he's still the main ROH play-by-play announcer as far as I can tell.

-------------------------------------

When you think about who they've lost...

Upper-midcarders, announcers, managers...

Don't you think that's an indication maybe they're having a money problem?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:46 pm

Hasn't Kyle O'Riley left and sticking with NJPW?

But anyways back on NJPW, I think Suzuki-gun is the best heel faction in japan and Suzuki is badass as hell. Been reading info and stuff about him and the man is a legit badass. He maybe older but the man has gotten better with age, if he isn't IWGP Heavyweight Champion soon then that is just a crime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:48 pm

and I think Juice Robinson is pretty legit as well. Yeah he has that CJ Parker stigma, but the man has improve a lot since working in japan. His match with Cody, short but it was still a good match for the two of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:51 pm

and I know a lot don't like Elgin on here, but The man is a beast. And I still believe Ryback could fit perfectly over in jump with the hard hitting style. Have him, Elgin and Cage all together and win the NEVER 6 man Championship would be awesome as fuck.

But Quick question, if the Never Openweight title is for younger guys, why is the youngest guy to have held the belt only been 29?
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:56 pm

People in Japan wrestle until they're, like, 700. 40 is young for them.

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 pm

And i know people love this match, but i have watched it a few times. It is Match of the year and I think people are going to have a hard time following it up, but Okada vs Omega isn't even the best NJPW match I have seen. Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing match and the two stole the show with a feud that I hear some fans say a weak build up.

but Okada vs Tanahashi from last year was the better constructive match and had the better story going into it, with Okada finally beating Tanahashi in the Tokyo dome.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 9:52 pm

I personally think Omega vs Naito from the B Block Finals was the best match of the year but that's just me. I think Kenny had the three best matches in all of wrestling from Jan 5th, 2016 to January 4th, 2017.

1. Omega vs Naito
2. Omega vs Okada
3. Omega vs Goto

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've started watching NJPW   I've started watching NJPW Empty

Back to top Go down

I've started watching NJPW

View previous topic View next topic Back to top