HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daniel Bruhl spent 7 hours in make-up for Rush

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Daniel Bruhl spent 7 hours in make-up for Rush Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Bruhl spent 7 hours in make-up for Rush   Daniel Bruhl spent 7 hours in make-up for Rush EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:24 am

Daniel Bruhl says it took seven hours to create the burns on his face for 'Rush'.
The 35-year-old actor - who plays Niki Lauder in the Formula 1 racing car biopic - fell asleep in the make-up chair while the artist covered his head and facial features with fake scars because it took so long to complete.

Speaking to E! News, he said: ''The first time, I think I fell asleep because it took six to seven hours. When I woke up it was shocking, really shocking.''
The German hunk admits the reaction he got from other members of the cast allowed him to really get into role and understand what Niki Lauder - whose face was disfigured after suffering extensive burns in a near fatal accident during the 1976 German Grand Prix - went through.

He explained: ''The shocking experience was sometimes I would go on set and there were extras who didn't realise it was prosthetic make-up and they were afraid when they looked at me. That made me understand what Niki had gone through.''
Bruhl and Niki built up a rapport during the shooting of the film directed by Ron Howard, based on the real-life rivalry between Niki and British driver James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) in the 1970s, but he admits he never expected to get on with him so well.

He said: ''When he [Lauder] first called me, he said, 'I guess we have to meet now' and I said, 'Well, Niki, that would be very helpful.'
''He said, 'Just bring hand luggage to Vienna in case we don't like each other you can piss off right away.' I went to Vienna but...I had to buy some extra clothes because he liked me.'''
Back to top Go down

Daniel Bruhl spent 7 hours in make-up for Rush

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1