HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

P. Diddy named highest earner in hip-hop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

P. Diddy named highest earner in hip-hop Empty
PostSubject: P. Diddy named highest earner in hip-hop   P. Diddy named highest earner in hip-hop EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 10:16 am

P. Diddy has topped Forbes Cash Kings list of the highest earning people in hip-hop.
The 'Come With Me' hitmaker made in $50 million between June 2012 and June 2013 according to the business magazine, despite not releasing any music under his own name.
The rapper and businessman - who has previously accused Forbes of misjudging just how much he is worth - said: ''You started learning how to count right, I see - thank God!''
Diddy's net worth mainly comes from his Bad Boy record label, Sean John clothing line and endorsement deal with Ciroc vodka.

Behind him is Jay Z, with a net worth of $43 million, amassed from touring and his recent 'Magna Carta Holy Grail' album - for which technology giant Samsung paid him $5 million for one million copies to give away - as well as other interests, including his Roc Nation record label and management company.

Third is Dr. Dre - who topped the list last year - whose fortune can also largely be put down to his business interests, with his Beats by Dre line of headphones accounting for a large chunk of his fortune.

The magazine noted the top ten earners in hip-hop made a grand total of $256 million, $15 million more than its calculations for the ten highest-paid DJs in the world.
Diddy added: ''I don't want my career to be defined on [whether or not] I was quote-unquote a billionaire. But to be honest, I'd be blessed to be a billionaire ... hopefully someday it'll come true and I'll be able to do some good with it.''

Forbes Cash Kings 2013, highest paid people in hip-hop:
1. P Diddy, $50 million
2. Jay Z, $43 million
3. Dr. Dre, $40 million
4. Nicki Minaj, $29 million
5. Birdman, $21 million
6. Kanye West, $20 million
7. Lil Wayne, $16 million
8. Wiz Khalifa, $14 million
9. Ludacris, $12 million
10. Pitbull, $11 million
11. Drake, $10.5 million
12. Snoop Dogg aka Snoop Lion, $10 million
13. Eminem, $10 million
14. Kendrick Lamar, $9 million
15. Pharrell Williams, $9 million
16. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, $9 million
17. Swizz Beats, $8.5 million
18. Tech N9ne, $7.5 million
19. 50 Cent, $7 million
20. Lil Jon / Rick Ross / Mac Miller / Young Jeezy / Questlove - tie, $6 million
Back to top Go down

P. Diddy named highest earner in hip-hop

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1