HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race Empty
PostSubject: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 5:50 pm

– During the latest edition of The Steve Austin Show (transcript credit wrestlinginc.com), Steve Austin shared his thoughts on the Titus O’Neil suspension. Here is what he had to say…

On His Feeling That The Suspension Has Nothing to Do With Race : “The whole racist thing really irritated me because any time you hear about anything these days it’s racist, and, man, it’s 2016. I’m not saying racism doesn’t exist, but, I mean, to play that card in this situation was total B.S. from my perspective.” Austin continued, “racism and that? Absolutely not. It was a reprimand for something that didn’t need to happen at that time. End of story.”

On The Length of The Suspension: “If you’re going to suspend somebody, I think 30 [days should suffice]. I think 60 [days] is still a little overreacting. Did something need to happen, a come to Jesus meeting or a stern talking to backstage? Something [needed] to happen because I do believe it was inappropriate. It was the wrong person, at the wrong time.”

On O’Neil Doing The Wrong Thing During a Serious Moment: Vince is 70 [years old] right now and that was a serious moment for him. He was totally in character. He cares about Daniel Bryan. He gets jerked pretty forcibly over there to Titus O’Neil and it was completely inappropriate.” Austin added, “this may be pro wrestling/sports entertainment, whatever you want to call it, but that was a serious moment. It’s not a time to be shucking and jiving out there, so lay some type of punishment down. Fine him, this, that, or whatever. I don’t know. Something was appropriate, but when I started hearing the racism things, I was like, ‘I’ve got to roll my eyes and I’ve got to call complete and utter bulls–t in this one.'”
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 6:23 pm

People need to understand that this would have happened to pretty much anyone else. When people say "LOL IF CENA DID IT HE WOULDNT GET IN TROUBLE CUZ HE'S WHITE LOL" - no, he woulda gotten away with it cause it's CENA. If Adam Rose, Heath Slater, or Wade Barrett had done it, they woulda gotten suspended too.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:28 pm

I agree w/ that. For example, The Rock didn't get punished for "going off script" (which Vince reportedly hates) a few weeks ago and he's black. We all know he wasn't going to get punished because he's The Rock.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:30 pm

Exactly. Titus wasn't exactly an important person so he doesn't get special treatment.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 7:48 pm

well there is a huge difference between The Rock and Titus...because the rock is the rock...and Titus...is Titus.

But yeah this isn't about race. It is about a nearly 40 year old, father of two going around pulling his employers arm...rather he was trying to let Stephanie go by first or not...you don't do that.

but it is also Vince McMahon overreacting to something so stupid...just chew his ass out in front of everyone and be done with it...because yanking someone's arm shouldn't = to the same punishment as someone failing the wellness policy.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:00 pm

I agree he got punished wayyy too much.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:09 pm

Coulda been worse, he coulda been jobless if the reports are to be believed
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 8:22 pm

For pulling Vince? >_>

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 am

Batman wrote:
For pulling Vince? >_>
Remember Brad Maddox? He was fired for doing nothing. So pulling Vince is possibly more than enough to get someone fired as well Cornette face
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 5:05 am

That is true. The punishment definitely doesn't fit the crime, though.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 6:31 am

Paul London got fired out of a cannon into the sun* for smiling at Vince.

*This may be a lie.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 11:13 am

Alex Riley is just now allowed to wrestle again... This company is king at punishing people to absurd lengths.

Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race FJBloTX
Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 4:46 pm

^^ Lmao.

^ True. To be fair, ARy didn't help much by being a dick on Twitter.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 7:56 pm

They don't suspend people for being a douchebag to people on Twitter tho lol, if that were the case Goldust would be fired for blocking everyone, even if they were being rude or not...plus Riley was wrestling last year.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 8:04 pm

Difference is, Riley was being a dick to other wrestlers and publicly whining about his position.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race   Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Austin Says Titus O’Neil’s Suspension Had Nothing To Do With Race

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1