HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘Category 5’ Mixes Heist Thriller With a Catastrophic Natural Disaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

‘Category 5’ Mixes Heist Thriller With a Catastrophic Natural Disaster Empty
PostSubject: ‘Category 5’ Mixes Heist Thriller With a Catastrophic Natural Disaster   ‘Category 5’ Mixes Heist Thriller With a Catastrophic Natural Disaster EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:27 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3377305/category-5-mixes-heist-thriller-with-a-catastrophic-natural-disaster/

We’re a big fan of natural disaster movies here on Bloody-Disgusting. For one thing, they usually allow for epic levels of death and destruction. For another, they’re just so damn fun! There’s something deeply satisfying about watching hundreds, thousands, and possibly even millions of people meet their demise at the hands of Mother Nature, usually accompanied by explosions on a level the likes of which have never been seen before.

While those kinds of movies used to be really plentiful, they’ve kinda taken a break. But that’s about to change with Category 5, a disaster action thriller from director Rob Cohen (The Fast and the Furious).

“‘Category 5’ follows a team of tech hackers who infiltrate a U.S. Mint facility on a small coastal town to steal $102M in cash, just as a disastrous Category 5 hurricane, the storm of the century, is about to strike and level it to the ground. The only other two people left in the town, a meteorologist and a female treasury agent, must survive the horrific storm while stopping the thieves from getting away with the heist of the century.”

Director Rob Cohen explains, “Crossing a heist movie set amidst the intense action of a natural disaster was an idea to which I truly responded. It’s a chance for me to get back to my roots in doing the adrenaline-pumped action/special effects films I love to create.”

Casting is currently underway and Foresight Unlimited will handle foreign sales and introduce the film to buyers in Berlin next month.
Back to top Go down

‘Category 5’ Mixes Heist Thriller With a Catastrophic Natural Disaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1