HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNT Reviving Tales From The Crypt As Part Of New Horror Block

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

TNT Reviving Tales From The Crypt As Part Of New Horror Block Empty
PostSubject: TNT Reviving Tales From The Crypt As Part Of New Horror Block   TNT Reviving Tales From The Crypt As Part Of New Horror Block EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 2:22 pm

http://411mania.com/movies/tnt-reviving-tales-from-the-crypt-as-part-of-new-horror-block/

Good news, boils and ghouls! TNT has ordered a new two-hour horror block that will be curated by M. Night Shyamalan. As part of that block, we will hear the familiar cackle of the Crypt Keeper once again. That’s right, TNT is bringing back Tales From the Crypt. It was announced today at the Television Critics Association’s winter press tour. The new series will be based on the original and contain new stories executive produced by Shyamalan and Binding Edge Pictures partner, Ashwin Rajan. In addition to the new Crypt (a serialized one-hour anthology, which could include several new episodes at the end of the season), there will be other content that hasn’t been revealed yet. The new horror block will launch this fall. TNT will announce more shows in the next few months.

TNT Executive VP of Original Programming Sarah Aubrey said: “This is a new genre for us in our series efforts and a great chance to partner with M. Night Shyamalan, whose blockbuster hit The Visit reminded movie audiences and critics this past summer that he truly is a master of horror. This two-hour horror block demonstrates not only TNT’s commitment to working with today’s top talents, but also our strategy to stand out in today’s marketplace by challenging the conventional rules of programming and scheduling.”

Shyamalan added: “I couldn’t be more excited to be teaming up with Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey and the entire TNT team in this unique endeavor. To be part of such a beloved brand like Tales From the Crypt, something I grew up watching, and to also have the chance to push the boundaries of genre television as a whole, is an inspiring opportunity that I can’t wait to dive into.”

The new Crypt will also be executive produced by James D. Stern through Endgame Entertainment, along with Aloris Entertainment’s John Santilli and Dan McKinnon. The series started as a 1950s EC comics series by William Gaines and was later adapted for several seasons by HBO in the 90s.

Credit: The Hollywood Reporter

If they bring back the original voice actor for the Cryptkeeper itll have all of my hype.
Back to top Go down

TNT Reviving Tales From The Crypt As Part Of New Horror Block

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1