HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years Empty
PostSubject: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:52 am

WWE’s ratings nightmare since Labor Day and the start of the NFL season continues.

After Raw ratings plummeted to record lows in September and its audience shrank even further last week, WWE’s flagship show has officially tied its lowest ratings number in 18 years.

According to the Torch, Monday’s episode of Raw — featuring appearances from WWE legends Stone Cold Steve Austin, “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels, not to mention a show opening featuring Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker — popped a 2.21 rating. That number matches a 2012 Christmas Eve episode for the lowest Raw rating since the mid-’90s.

The episode was up against a huge Monday Night Football that featured not only big-market teams in Philadelphia and New York, but the debut of the new trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The episode featured three six-man tag team matches and the tease of a Shield reunion in its main-event.

The show started off strong with 3.6 million viewers in the first hour, but fell to 3.3 million in hour two and way down to 3.1 million in hour three. That’s a 13.3 percent drop from hour one to three, and the biggest 1-3 drop since the ratings slide began.

The good news: There aren’t any more Star Wars trailers. At least not for this one.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:24 am

Raw has been boring so long it's getting ether-ed out of people's conscious. <_<

WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years FJBloTX
WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 3:33 pm

RAW has been awful recently. I care way more about NXT than RAW. Funny

Literally, every week of RAW is:

20 minute opening promo, usually featuring Triple H.
Same goofy segments featuring ridiculous commentary "THE BULL IS TWERKING MAGGLE."
The ridiculous commentary
The constant plugs for everything (Mountain Dew, Hashtag this, Hashtag that, the Network, etc.)
The constant replays for everything. "Hey, you just missed this? Don't worry, we'll replay it five times so you dont have to go back and watch it!"
The same predictable matches
A women's match that doesn't feature Sasha Banks and is usually like 6 minutes long
and the SAME fucking 6 man tag team match to close the show.

They have so much talent and they fail to use them right. It's like, you can miss 2-3 weeks of RAW and not miss a single important thing. You can stick to watching the RAW before the PPV every time and you'll always catch up with everything. RAW isn't exciting, I don't care for it. Even Smackdown is better right now, despite having to plug RAW replays through half the show.

Just this RAW alone, you had fuckin Stone Cold, Undertaker, Lesnar. What'd they do? They had a super short segment that went something like this:
SCSA: "HEY EVERYONE, I'M THIS GUY! WOO! I'M EXCITED! NOW, HERE'S THAT GUY!"
Taker: "I'M THAT GUY! THIS SUNDAY I'LL BE FIGHTING AGAINST OTHER GUY!"
Lesnar: "I'M OTHER GUY AND THIS SUNDAY I'M FACING THAT GUY! WOOOOAAAAGHHGH!! LET'S FIGHT RIGHT NOW! NEVERMIND LOL."

Shawn Michaels came out to do nothing but babble and then got cut off by Rollins. Now, I will say it was epic to see Rollins and Michaels facing eye to eye. But they didn't even do anything with it. They didn't hint at a match, they didn't do much aside from talk shit to each other and have Rollins be all 'OMG IM THE NEXT YOU.' and Michaels 'NAH YOU AINT SHIT LOL.' and walk away. Way to make the current world champ look like a giant bitch. They could've had done so much more, like they did when Edge came out.

Then Ric... came out, I think? I don't even remember, because he didn't say anything important, I don't even remember what happened with that segment.

and of course, two women's matches, neither of them featuring Sasha or Paige, the two most popular women on the roster right now next to Charlotte.

and to top this all off, two six man tag team matches. It takes a LOT for me to not like a Shield reunion, but this was shit. Seth didn't even do shit in the match. If they were gonna reunite them, they should've at least had Seth hint at a possible face turn or something, have them actually work together to win and then Seth turns on them at the end or something. Don't just have them randomly pair up and then not have Seth do anything except yell things out. Not to mention Roman and Dean beat the shit out of the Wyatt family after Seth left. Not only did you make the Wyatt's look like losers, you also made Seth look like one, as Roman and Dean proved they didn't need him to do shit to bat the Wyatts.

That was just an awful RAW overall.

Meanwhile, on NXT:

-You had an awesome match with Asuka opening the show, hyping her even more considering she just debuted.
-You had a big rivalry ender/continuer in Baron/Rhyno as the main event.
-You had a sick ass mini-documentary that just MADE you like Apollo even more, how could you not?
-You had the number 1 contender to the women's match look strong in a great match.
-You gave Enzo and Cass a win and still had the other team look really strong since they're the contenders.
-You had a James Storm debut that was excellent.
-You had a great promo by Samoa Joe after the main event to hype a match for next week with Tyler Breeze.

Overall, literally everything was better than RAW. How does NXT, that has one hour and far less star power, completely outdo RAW in every possible aspect when it has 3 hours and tons of excellent talent? They seriously need to get their shit together.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:07 pm

I watch a condensed version via Sky's on demand service, so Raw is only half as long...and it's STILL fucking boring, even with shit cut out Indifferent

The most interesting thing they've come up for ages is the whole Jekyll and Hyde Kane character, althought that has been presented stupidly several times (like him and Rollins facing TWO fucking times on Raw before the PPV...) but everything else has been utter drab.

Last edited by Big Boss on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 5:43 pm

Spoiler:

I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Vince be like "kill the YouTube" Bruh......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:10 pm

Vince is in senile knee jerk panic mode right now. So expect more bullshit within the coming months as he is too focused on getting all his part timers ready for WM 32
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:38 pm

I thought you wanted crazy, pointless and random shit to happen? I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:39 pm

but I never said Boring as fuck tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years   WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years Empty

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw’s Ratings Have Dropped Again, Hitting Their Lowest Number In 18 Years

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1