HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ellie Goulding denies new track On My Mind is about ex-boyfriend Ed Sheeran

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ellie Goulding denies new track On My Mind is about ex-boyfriend Ed Sheeran Empty
PostSubject: Ellie Goulding denies new track On My Mind is about ex-boyfriend Ed Sheeran   Ellie Goulding denies new track On My Mind is about ex-boyfriend Ed Sheeran EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:57 am

Ed Sheeran once penned an angry break-up song about her.

And now it seems that Ellie Goulding has got her own back, as it's thought that a song from her new album Delirium is about the red-haired singer.

The song, called On My Mind, includes emotive and rather powerful lyrics about a former love.

Thought that you were cute and you could make me jealous/ Pour it down, so I poured it down/ Next thing that I know, I'm in a hotel with you...

'You were talking deep like it was mad love to you/ You wanted my heart, but I just liked your tattoos.'

However, the 28-year-old singer - who was out and about during promotional duties for her new record on Thursday - has denied that the track is directed at her famous ex-boyfriend.

'I'm sorry to all the people that want it to be about someone - it's not, it's like a myth,' she told MTV.

She added, referencing her current beau Dougie Poynter: 'I like guys with tattoos, my boyfriend has tattoos… but I don't mind. People can read into it however they want. It's fun to do that, I would do that too.'

Despite her denial that the song is about anybody in particular, many fans have seen it as her way to get back at 24-year-old Ed, who she reportedly dated back in 2013.

His bitter song Don't, from his second album X, was written about Ellie, following her alleged tryst with One Direction's Niall Horan.

Lyrics included: 'I never saw him as a threat, ’til you ­disappeared with him to have sex,' and 'If I show courtesy and respect to someone, I expect to receive it'.

Speaking to The Sun's Dan Wootton last year about the track, Ed said: ‘I got over the anger the moment I wrote the song. It’s a song that came at the time that I needed to write. That’s the end of it.'

Talking frankly about the incident, Ed added: ‘I’m grateful I could get a song out of it, to be honest. I don’t feel it’s about anyone anymore, I’m not attached to that.'

Back to top Go down

Ellie Goulding denies new track On My Mind is about ex-boyfriend Ed Sheeran

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1