Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically Empty
PostSubject: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 2:52 am

"Apparently the rocket on Lana's ass, so to speak, is about to be switched to Eva Marie per the people at the top. To Eva Marie's credit, she is busting her own ass in training now but they are going with the storyline of the woman that everyone shunned and made fun of for being so bad who works hard and makes herself into a superstar. "
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 4:39 am

And then people still laugh and shun her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 4:48 am

Let's just hope that, if they're shifting the ass-rocket's plug, at least make it worth it.
But I can tell that they're probably going to fuck up the whole thing... they should give her time to develop a bit more and gain a bit more confidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:02 am

^ Agreed. She still looked awkward in the ring on NXT. For the storyline to work, she needs to not just transition from completely green to competent, she needs to "wow the crowd" (TM Darren Young).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 am

A bit yes. She is still requiring "reminder-cues" on "what do to" sometimes. And well... she isn't still fully capable of "hiding" the fact that the opponent helps "lifting" on specific moves (slams, etc, like her finisher for example: it was noticeable that her opponent gave her a little hand for her to jump away from the turnbuckle).

Although, I have to admit she has improved, and am actually impressed with that Smile She managed to prove me wrong for what I thought of her before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 12:31 pm

There has been talk in WWE of creating a Divas Tag Team Championship.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 12:55 pm

All of this is making me so sad. They'd do anything to avoid changing their "divas" branding and their sexist view of woman's athletics. I feel so bad for Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 4:55 pm

What I hate is that there is pretty no character development for the Divas. Once they have a gimmick, that's kind of it, usually and they never go further. But a Superstar will generally change throughout the course of being in the company.

Also a Tag Title would only fail. The hell is the point of just having random Divas teams all the time just so they can book another set of titles? Because that is what'll happen...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 5:27 pm

What I hate the most out of this is that, no matter how much Eva improves, I will never like her. She didn't join wrestling because she cares about the business, she joined to gain fame cause she saw it as an easy way to do so. She was hired because she was hot, and when she ended up being a bust, they decided to give her a lot to work with because she's eye candy. She literally represents everything AJ/Paige/Becky/Sasha/Charlotte/etc are fighting against. A woman that got where she is cause of her looks who doesn't actually give a shit about the business at all.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 5:40 pm

I think she cares about wrestling. Maybe not when she joined, but definitely now. The fact that she's actually trying to improve and get better says that for me. It's not like she needed to improve to be successful. She's getting more than enough money and fame through Total Divas.

I agree with the earlier sentiment that they should hold off on a big push until she improves some more, though. She wasn't particularly good in her match against Cassie on NXT, but she had improved, a great deal. She went from being worthless in the ring to capable of putting on a somewhat coherent match. I feel like she's still a bit scared of getting hurt and she needs to get over that. I say that because the execution of her moves is a bit slow and too careful. But she can actually do moves now. She couldn't do a roll-up before, so that's a great improvement. Her promo delivery can also use some work, as well.

I definitely do feel like she's gonna become legitimately good though, if she continues to try and improve. What I'd like to see happen is she plays the heel role while she's improving, capitalizing on how much WWE fans have always shit on her, and then she slowly gets better until the point where the audience starts to like her because of her improved ability, but then she shuns the audience because they were dicks to her before she got good.

So, basically, if she keeps improving, I'll be fine with them pushing her far, but please don't do it before she's ready. Let her keep improving on NXT and then, sometime down the road, give her that push, if she's gotten good enough.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 6:31 pm

I dunno. Like, even if she cares now, I can't feel good about liking someone who joined purely for the money and fame and then decided they actually liked it once they realized the fans shit on them for sucking. Like I said, she is the personification of everything that actually talented women like Banks or Paige are fighting against. Models that get hired based off strictly looks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Eva Marie will be garbage. If Sara Del Ray cant mold you into a decent wrestler, then Brian Kendrick cant either.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Eva Marie is a bad athlete. You can't be her size and a bad athlete and try to learn how to work entirely in your 30s. She's DOOMED.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 8:05 pm

She also needs to learn to run the ropes. She does the Kelly Kelly "run to ropes, slow to a stop, lean against them for a second, then run to opponent".

I agree, though, that I'll always resent her for how she got into the business. There are so many talented women who will never get to work for WWE, but she got hired to be eye candy on a garbage reality show. I resent the entire mentality for how she was hired, and that makes it impossible for me to like her. Even if she ends up the greatest ring worker/talker of all time, I'm to offended by the whole thing to ever really like her.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:03 am

^ Exactly. That's how I feel too. She got hired as eye candy and nothing more. She doesnt like the business. Meanwhile women out there who genuinely like the business and want a spot there dont get it.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:32 am

I honestly fail to see where she's eye candy anyway imo. I see her in the ring and she just gives off that fucking vacant expression, blowing that God damn kiss and she can't even make that look realistic. Where the hell is that attractive?

If they wanted eye candy, there is even better candidates for that role <_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:41 am

^imo I think AJ was the last "cute" looking female star the WWE had.
Both AJ and Natalya were the only ones appealing to me.

Eva Marie just needs an actual look. Something to drag her away from the whole "Red and White" thing. That or just give her a blue full-on suit with white stars and call her "Wonder Woman". Female Kurt Angle gimmick.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Do not ever say Wonder Woman is anything like Eva Marie. Mad as hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:56 am

Batman wrote:
Do not ever say Wonder Woman is anything like Eva Marie. Mad as hell

Well, she's all red from head to toes, wears white gear.
If she were to wear "Kurt Angleish" gear, she'd be a human USA flag, thus Wonder Woman.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 8:29 am

WONDER WOMAN IS AWESOME Mad as hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 2:06 pm

This is just a classic case of Vince pulling his whole, "YOU'LL CHEER FOR WHO I WANT YOU TO CHEER FOR!" Someday this company is going to have to learn to push people based on fan reaction and not try to get their fans to react according to how they push people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 2:14 pm

^just let Vince and his yes-man step away.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:28 pm

Bring back the bra & panties matches and the bikini contests for her. Pimpin!
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
fuse
Middle Carder
fuse

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 4:48 pm

The only hope Eva would have had would be if she was trained by R-Truth.
Back to top Go down
Luigi
Show Opener
Luigi

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 1:49 pm

Roman Reigns and Eva Marie are gonna steal so many spotlights in their careers, you watch! How many RAW and Smackdowns are gonna end with Roman Reigns standing tall after a spear in the next 10 years? As for Eva Marie, she will surpass Becky Lynch, Bayley and Sasha Banks. Just because of her looks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically   Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically Empty

Back to top Go down

Meltzer: WWE's hierarchy of female stars changed dramatically

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next