HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' Empty
PostSubject: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:07 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13382343/buffalo-bills-almost-quarterback-purgatory-gm-doug-whaley-says

PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills general manager Doug Whaley said Wednesday that the Bills are "almost in quarterback purgatory" because they do not have a franchise quarterback and are unlikely to pick near the top of the draft in coming years.

"We're good enough that we're not going to have the first or second [overall] pick," Whaley told WGR 550 on Wednesday. "We hope we're not in that position. Hopefully now we're drafting in the teens and the 20s and the 30s. So you're not going to get those college guys that are coming out.

"Franchise quarterbacks hit the free-agent market? Name one. Unless they have an injury. So it's going to be an onus on our scouting staff to find a guy in the lower first round, second or third round. We accept that challenge. It's where we are, and it's been good that we have enough talent around that we're in that situation, but it's not an easy answer. There isn't [one]."

Finishing with a 9-7 record last season, the Bills would have selected 19th overall in May had they not dealt that pick to the Cleveland Browns as part of the Sammy Watkins trade in 2014.

The Bills are in the midst of a three-way quarterback competition in training camp between veteran Matt Cassel, former Baltimore Ravens backup Tyrod Taylor and the Bills' 2013 first-round selection, EJ Manuel.

"Year 3, I would say, [Manuel] is a tad behind," Whaley said. "If last year was his first year, I know he's further along this year when he was last year, let's say that, from that experience. But that was the original plan [in 2013]: sit behind Kevin Kolb, learn one or two years and then see what he can do.

"This year, we want to see a step. Will it be the ultimate step? That's up to him. But I definitely see that he has gone through some trials and tribulations and he's learned from them. The one thing I know about him is if he does make it, it's because of his work ethic, and if he doesn't make it, it won't be because of his want-to and his work ethic."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Man i miss CB and how he'd tell us that the Bills were an amazing football team Sad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:18 pm

They would be an amazing football team if they just had a QB tbf. Defense is nasty & they have some talent on offense this year. Funny
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:23 pm

But it's kind of hilarious when even your GM says that your team is a bad place for QBs to go ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:55 pm

Yeah, the Bills are actually good now. if they could get a decent game manager. They'll be very tough.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 9:18 pm

If I were Buffalo, I'd be trying to trade for Chase Daniel tbh Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:19 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
They would be an amazing football team if they just had a QB tbf. Defense is nasty & they have some talent on offense this year. Funny
Sounds like my Jets tbh Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:25 pm

Nah Bruh......
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:45 pm

NAH
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 10:46 pm

Drächen Fx wrote:
If I were Buffalo, I'd be trying to trade for Chase Daniel tbh Bruh......
They should trade a 1st rder for him tbh. Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'   GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory' Empty

Back to top Go down

GM: Bills are 'almost in quarterback purgatory'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1