HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:47 am

Let me preface this by acknowledging that this is one hell of a stretch, but it's fun to think about.

So in Night of Champions, Ryback was revealed (possibly) to be the new Paul Heyman guy, after he interfered on behalf of Heyman. At first, it seems like it came out of nowhere that Ryback would save Heyman, but hear me out on this. Ryback was formerly known as Skip Sheffield, and Curtis Axel was formerly known as Michael McGuillicutty. These two were both part of the original Nexus.

CM Punk was also once the leader of the Nexus, after deposing Wade Barrett. Heyman's been feuding with Punk for the past couple of months. I doubt Punk would care, but Heyman could use it as some leverage against him. Let's not forget that Triple H, despite being the top heel in the company (best for business yadda yadda), was eager to see Heyman get his ass handed to him. This Nexus under Heyman could be another thorn in the side of Triple H's reign as COO.

That's what I've got so far at least. Thoughts? Violent reactions?
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 10:56 am

They'd have to add Barrett, but I could see it as a plot point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:22 am

Playing Heyman up as a thorn in Triple H's side wouldn't work, they're both heels. It'd make more sense for Paul to suck up to Triple H and get on his good side, if their storylines cross at all.

The angle makes sense, though, but I doubt it'll come up. Part of the Axel/Ryback rebranding is trying to erase their past gimmicks. If this does happen, though, let's hope Bray Wyatt is nowhere near it.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:33 am

^That then takes us to the argument about "Do faces and heels really exist anymore?". Trips is more of a tweener anyway, and on that note, so is CM Punk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Faces and heels are more prominent now than they have been in nearly a decade. Punk is extremely face, and Triple H is a heel trying to pretend to be face. They're not tweeners. If anyone's a tweener, it's JBL, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:34 pm

^ the way he acted last night, I think JBL is more heel now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

I don't see a problem with two heels fighting. It's not always a good guy vs bad guy thing, it is a bad guy vs an equally bad guy because two bad guys can't coexist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Ɖaŋte Cғoss wrote:
I don't see a problem with two heels fighting. It's not always a good guy vs bad guy thing, it is a bad guy vs an equally bad guy because two bad guys can't coexist
Before SummerSlam I would've agreed with you, but right now I see a movement to a much more split roster, like we saw before the Attitude Era. The heel/face lines are clearly defined right now, and the heels are too despicable for us to spend time watching them fight each other. The only reason we've seen tension between Triple H and Heyman is so there'd be an excuse for the stipulations at NoC. Now that that's out of the way, and Heyman's back on top of his feud, it's very unlikely to come up again.

Besides, Ryback's alliance with Heyman serves as a bridge with the Administration, since he's been a muscle guy for them since before they even existed as a group.

Additionally, I really doubt we'll see Heyman's group presented as a Nexus reboot. Barrett's the only other Nexus guy I could conceivably see getting involved (other than maybe Gabriel). Even so, we're not supposed to realize Ryback is Skip, so it'll probably never be mentioned. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:54 pm

I disagree with Dante. I think ANYTHING can work except Heel vs Heel.

Heel vs Face is my favorite.
Face vs Face works because they're both "huge popular stars"
Heel vs Heel does not work, because technically, fans are supposed to hate both of them. It'll just be like "Eh, both of them are bad so I don't really care."

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)   Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Booking Hour: Nexus Reformation Imminent (NoC Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1