HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo TVii Shutting Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Nintendo TVii Shutting Down Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo TVii Shutting Down   Nintendo TVii Shutting Down EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 2:12 pm

Nintendo has announced that, after nearly three years, the video streaming TV service will go offline for good on August 11 at 3 PM PDT.

The Nintendo TVii Miiverse community is also going away.

"We sincerely thank you for all of your engagement within the community and the Nintendo TVii service," a Nintendo representative said on Miiverse. "We look forward to your contributions within our many other Miiverse communities."

This announcement comes after Nintendo canceled TVii for Europe before it even launched.

In his year two review of the Wii U, GameSpot's Rob Crossley wasn't too impressed with the feature, saying it is "notoriously slow, which outright negates the convenience of turning to it in the first place. Elsewhere, the remote control app, which runs on the GamePad without needing to powering on the console, makes for a nice emergency replacement, but is far too basic to be a true alternative to the TV remote."

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo TVii Shutting Down   Nintendo TVii Shutting Down EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 2:31 pm

I don't even know what this is Indifferent
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo TVii Shutting Down   Nintendo TVii Shutting Down EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 3:37 pm

It was a deal where you could comment on what was going on TV while using The Wii U pad.

It's a nice idea but I stopped using it because it was hard to pay attention to what I was watching while talking to people.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo TVii Shutting Down   Nintendo TVii Shutting Down EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Oh right.

I can't imagine that would have caught on...well, it clearly didn't Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo TVii Shutting Down   Nintendo TVii Shutting Down EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Their resources could of been put towards the in-console streaming like Xbox One and PS4 has, the Wii U pad has a camera built in for fucks sake. Ill always be against consoles that need to emulate a computer....too many useless features for me to give a fuck about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo TVii Shutting Down   Nintendo TVii Shutting Down Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo TVii Shutting Down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1