HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whedon Says No Avengers: Age of Ultron Director's Cut

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Whedon Says No Avengers: Age of Ultron Director's Cut Empty
PostSubject: Whedon Says No Avengers: Age of Ultron Director's Cut   Whedon Says No Avengers: Age of Ultron Director's Cut EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 5:46 am

Don't expect an extended director's cut of Marvel's The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Speaking to fans at Nerd HQ (as reported by Collider) during Comic Con, Whedon said he was determined to never do a director's cut - despite the fact the original Ultron cut had an extra 30 minutes on it.

"It has always been my ambition never to do a director’s cut of anything", said Whedon, "and always to make the movie with the studio that we both want to make."

Production on Ultron was famously difficult, which Whedon continues to be frank about.

"Ultron was very complex. There was a lot of back-and-forth. My instinct is no. Just as an artist, I’m super f*cking lazy and that sounds like it would be hard", Whedon joked.

"I don’t think there’s interest in it, right now. You’ll see a bunch of stuff on the DVD in extras that were meant to be there. But the narrative came together very close to the way that I hoped it would, and I don’t think it needs me to constantly tweak it."

Whedon said that the film was one of the most "ridiculously personal things" he'd ever put on screen, and was pleased with the final cut regardless of the pain it took to get there.

"The fact that Marvel gave me that opportunity and supported it, I’m very happy and very proud of everybody that worked on it. I don’t feel the need to go in and fix. I feel like, there she is."
Back to top Go down

Whedon Says No Avengers: Age of Ultron Director's Cut

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1