HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[LC] Dirk Thundergins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

[LC] Dirk Thundergins Empty
PostSubject: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

Ring Name: Dirk "The Smirk" Thundergins

Billed From: Parts Unshown

Height: 5 foot 11 inches

Weight: 210 lbs

Base: Aiden English.

Bio: Meet Ron Bicycle (formerly West), aka Dirk "The Smirk" Thundergins. A man of fair, though unremarkable talent, it can be said that though he is sometimes scatter brained, and not exactly the most attentive person in the world, he can at least show the minimum aptitude to be allowed in a wrestling ring and not kill someone. Not yet, anyway.

He was trained by legendary amateur wrestler, retired stunt and ladies man Saleb Cyres, who often recalls his experience training Ron as "a complete waste of my f***ing time!" Ron was...not so much worried about navigating the ring, learning the craft, etc. as he was showboating and being the centre of attention. That would be fine, were he actually any good at it.

Ron Bicycle moved to America with dreams that could fill a hot air balloon. Mainly because they were hot air. After falling in love with the outrageous wrestling stars of the 80's, thanks to the old tapes he watched, Ron decided to move from his sleepy town in Dorsetshireton, England, and pursue a career in pro wrestling. He wanted to walk down that hallowed aisle into the squared circle and feel the adulation from the crowd. He wanted to be larger than life, a God amongst men, an icon, and bizarrely, a host of his own reality TV show.

In Ron's eyes, his own, boring name didn't cut the mustard. He needed to be more charismatic, more dynamic and more mesmerising than anyone else that stepped in the ring with him, and if he wanted to do that, he needed a name to reflect that. He wanted to be fast. He wanted to be sleek. He wanted to be a finely-tuned machine. So, naturally, he legally changed his last name to Bicycle shortly after arriving Stateside. His reasoning being that they "are really fast, and I want to be fast, too." As it happens, he went off the whole bicycle idea, but couldn't afford to change his name back until he started making some money. Then he found out that wrestlers can actually take a stage name, and most didn't use their real ones, rendering the whole process a tremendous embarrassment for Ron.

Regardless, Ron managed to fluke his way to a tryout with XWA after he was seen wrestling a homeless man on the street one day. He competed under the name Dirk "The Smirk" Thundergins. Yes, Thundergins. That's what you get when you rush to try to fill out your paperwork  on a train. An hour before your first match. His "unique", hap-hazard, wild style certainly caught a few eyes at the dark match. Mixing the hard-hitting brawling style of Stan Hansen with the sparkle and showmanship of Ric Flair, Dirk "The Smirk" Thundergins was soundly defeated by his opponent just 90 seconds into the match. Regardless, Ron Bicycle won over the XWA officials with his character, and the fact that one of said officials accidentally knocked him over in the parking lot as he was leaving. As a way to ensure they wouldn't be sued, XWA opted to instead introduce Dirk Thundergins to the XWA Universe.

How will Dirk Thundergins fare? Will he ascent to the highest heights that XWA can offer? Will he at least make enough money to change his name back to Ron West, or "something cooler, like Ron Jetfighter"?

Gimmick: A man who is far less proficient than he believes he is. He tries his best to be "The Showstealer", but it never quite works out the way he wants it to. Regardless of this, he still manages to fluke a few wins every now and then.

(Just have fun with him, really. Think of someone who tries hard to be someone they're not, and kind of makes a massive fool out of themselves. If in doubt, beat the shit out of him and make it entertaining.)

Disposition: Comedy Heel.

Move Style: Old school, hold-for-hold style, with elements of wild brawling when the match isn't going exactly the way he hopes. And some slapstick elements in there, too.

Signature Move: Claw Hold - Dirk clutches his opponent's face with his hand and attempts to squeeze the life out of them. More of an annoyance than an actual move.

Finishing Move: Dirk-D-T - It's a DDT.

[Note: this is just a bit of fun, really. I kind of miss writing, and I just wanted to make a character that was just a bit of fun to write some stupid stuff as. And attempt (probably fail) to be funny. Big Grin!]

Last edited by Kani on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 11:54 am

I still need to do stuff with this. Make it look better and such. And also get myself a pic base. It'll all come in time. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Holy cow! I haven't even seen you around the forums lately, but welcome back!
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:04 pm

Thanks Greg. Smile

Nice to see you doing well for yourself here.
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:17 pm

die cunt

jkjk
welcome back
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:21 pm

I'm going to choose to take that seriously, and will henceforth make passive-aggressive statements towards you.

Nice to see you all again! Most of you, at least...
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:27 pm

Mad as hell

oh and, "Saleb Cyres" lol
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 12:28 pm

Yeah, that was my ham-fisted subtlety at work.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 1:27 pm

What in the blue hell? Funny

Gimmick of the Year people.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 1:52 pm

It's no Robert Hope, but Kani is in the fed again, so I'm happy.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Kani!!! My unrequited love for you only grows with every post. yay

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:48 am

ChollyD32 wrote:
What in the blue hell? Funny

Gimmick of the Year people.

I'd keep your expectations nice and low, just in case. Funny

Thanks Snoopz and Razor. Smile

I still have no idea about a base. Do I really need one? Like, really really?
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:50 am

The gimmick actually reminds me a lot of Fuse-Boy.

Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 6:52 am

Who's that, Snoopz?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:05 am

My suggestions for a pic base:

Aiden English
Nick Swardson

[LC] Dirk Thundergins FJBloTX
[LC] Dirk Thundergins Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 7:18 am

Kani wrote:
Who's that, Snoopz?
2WWF fedder, currently on XWA under the username Lil' Jimmy.

Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 9:39 am

Eeyen wrote:
My suggestions for a pic base:

Aiden English
Nick Swardson

Ooh, Aiden English may well be the winner.

Snoopz wrote:
Kani wrote:
Who's that, Snoopz?
2WWF fedder, currently on XWA under the username Lil' Jimmy.

Ohhhh. Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:10 am

Your own beautiful visage as your pic base or gtfo.
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 11:58 am

I don't want to give anyone nightmares, my gentle friend.
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 4:12 pm

Change of plans, I've decided that I can't really think of anything good with this character. So, I'm going to be Kanimaniac instead.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 7:07 pm

Well, this lasted.
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 1:55 am

Gotta love that dedication, man.

I got to a whole 12 days and 0 cards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [LC] Dirk Thundergins   [LC] Dirk Thundergins Empty

Back to top Go down

[LC] Dirk Thundergins

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1