HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylor Swift pens open letter to Apple and she's not happy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Taylor Swift pens open letter to Apple and she's not happy Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Swift pens open letter to Apple and she's not happy   Taylor Swift pens open letter to Apple and she's not happy EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 2:04 pm

This move might seem like good news for music fans but megastar Taylor Swift isn't impressed with the plan to offer such an extensive free trial.

Taylor has taken to her Tumblr blog to pen an open letter to Apple to let them know that she won't be offering her smash-hit album 1989 on the new service.

The reason? Well, Taylor explains it like this: "I’m sure you are aware that Apple Music will be offering a free 3 month trial to anyone who signs up for the service. I’m not sure you know that Apple Music will not be paying writers, producers, or artists for those three months. I find it to be shocking, disappointing, and completely unlike this historically progressive and generous company."

She goes on to clarify that she isn't making this decision for herself but for "the new artist or band that has just released their first single and will not be paid for its success. This is about the young songwriter who just got his or her first cut and thought that the royalties from that would get them out of debt."

This isn't the first time Taylor Swift has voiced concern about the future of music streaming, as she pulled all of her music from Spotify (which offers a free tier of subscription) just after the release of 1989 last year.

The letter isn't all negative and Taylor mentions her admiration for Apple several times throughout the post. She also says that she hopes her music will be available on the service eventually.

She said that "I hope that soon I can join them in the progression towards a streaming model that seems fair to those who create this music. I think this could be the platform that gets it right."
Back to top Go down

Taylor Swift pens open letter to Apple and she's not happy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1