HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer Empty
PostSubject: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:48 am

http://www.toei-animation.com/files/Press_Release_DBS_ENG_0.pdf

"It’s called Dragon Ball Super. And it’s the first new, original Dragon Ball television anime in nearly two decades.

The last Dragon Ball TV anime, Dragon Ball GT, aired from 1996 to 1997.

Yahoo News (via tipster Pyke) and Famitsu report that Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama will be handling the new anime’s story. The series will take place after Goku defeats Majin Buu, and the world has become a peaceful place again.

In Japanese, the title is Dragon Ball Chou (Super), as “chou” (超) means “super,” “hyper,” “ultra,” or even “very.”

The reason for the “chou” naming, Goku’s voice actor Masako Nozawa, explains is that the word is always used in Dragon Ball commercials, video games, and whatnot. Now it will go in the title of the new animated series that is set to air starting this July in Japan."
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Yeah That tbh
Back to top Go down
Mæstro
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Mæstro

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 2:05 pm

HEEEECK YUYAAAA
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm irrationally excited over this. Funny
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:47 pm

I'm skeptical personally, I'm definitely watching, but not really sure what kind of villain could truly follow up Buu in a tv series.
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:52 pm

^ If Battle of Gods and Revival of F are canon movies, then according to Beerus there'd be other parallel universes where there are stronger fighters and other Gods of Destruction. (We may hear from Future Trunks' timeline.)

So I think the era of Super Saiyans is going to switch to Super Saiyan Gods (Can't imagine Goten or Trunks turning to SSG's though lol)
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:29 am

Those are indeed canon movies.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Am I the only one that finds the SSG thing to be the worst thing ever? I fucking hated it. >_>
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:11 pm

The blue haired thing is way worse.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Anything above SSJ3 is dumb a'f tbh. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:23 pm

TJ wrote:
Anything above SSJ3 is dumb a'f tbh. I aint bothered

As if you wouldn't want the power to grow your own swag monkey shirt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:26 pm

SS3 was dumb as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 8:35 pm

Have you ever been so angry you became an 80's metal singer?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 9:01 pm

imo the SSGod and SSGodSS (super saiyan god super saiyan) aka the blue hair are far better then SS3 and SS4.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:33 am

I agree with that.
Back to top Go down
Storey
Show Opener
Storey

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 6:26 am

Recently watched Battle of Gods and really liked it, I'm totally up for this, though it means that GT will probably be even further ridiculed by Akira and eventually you won't be able to explain the fact they didn't use SSG or SSGSS Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:43 pm

At this point I think they are pretending GT never happen and is pretty much out of the canon. At least I like to pretend it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer   New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer Empty

Back to top Go down

New "Dragon Ball" Anime to debut this summer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1