HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Full Match Or Turn Based Style?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which style do you prefer?
Full Match
Full Match Or Turn Based Style? I_vote_lcap33%Full Match Or Turn Based Style? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Turn-Based
Full Match Or Turn Based Style? I_vote_lcap67%Full Match Or Turn Based Style? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Full Match Or Turn Based Style? Empty
PostSubject: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 2:47 pm

Now that we've had some time to adjust to the turn-based style, I figured I'd post this asking which way everyone prefers. This isn't an official poll to decide which style we used, it's just to gather opinions.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 2:49 pm

I would prefer the full match

BUT

I can't guarantee how long I'd actually fed for

so don't count my vote Thirsty Mofos

Full Match Or Turn Based Style? FJBloTX
Full Match Or Turn Based Style? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 3:37 pm

If it was still full match, I definitely wouldn't be able to make time to fed.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 4:14 pm

Full match writing just isn't feasible imo any more, unless word limits are shortened by a fair bit.

But, my opinion means jackall as I ain't fedding.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:23 pm

I will be leaving, so I'm not voting. But this is what I have to say:

Turn-Based is easier. Not everyone is for it. Same goes for Full-Match though. If it ends up going back to Full-Match, please consider having a word limit. Because it's completely unfair when someone writes 5k versus someone who may write 2k. And we can all say "Well... we don't vote on quantity" which is true. But the main issue with something like that, is that in a 5k post versus a 2k post, the 5k post is bound to have more action, more description, more feelings, etc.. if the person does it correctly. That severely puts the other person at a major disadvantage. That's why I hated it. Because I don't write that much and I honestly felt that for my losses against people, if they had a lot more words, they won because they simply wrote more. They ended up having a better post because they got to use and say more than I did.

I can't say that turn-based has increased our showings or anything. I have a topic running where we can list who faced who and if they showed or not. But that's since going turn-based. So it may have caused more people to post and we're simply at a down-number for fedders, or whatever. I don't know.

Again, if it's decided to go back to Full-Match writing, please just consider limiting how much can be written to make it fair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Turn based fits most people's schedules better.
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:48 pm

+1 Turn Based - Less hectic, work is not wasted.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:04 pm

The downside is your opponent noshows and the story is dead.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 10:16 pm

The one advantage that full match writing has over turn based, for me at least, is the ability to go all out.

In turn-based, the person that goes first has the disadvantage of not being able to do the really huge moves that their opponent can - they can have a couple, but it'd be unrealistic for a match to have several major spots in so early. They have to use some of their allotted words to begin the match, whereas their opponent can continue on from their post, with the freedom of being able to move the match into the second half, where the more impressive stuff usually happens. Also, I really hate starting matches. I just think "oh, ffs, , yadda yadda yadda, bullshit about the two men being about to fight, lock-up, something happens and the match goes into the actual interesting bit," and I've wasted 250 words on all that crap.

The first poster does, however, have the advantage of being able to decide where the match should go. If I'm going first, and I decide that my opponent's character lands awkwardly on their leg and starts limping, then my opponent has to factor in the injured leg into their post, or risk being penalised.

Full match writing eliminates that, and allows both writers the freedom to decide exactly what they want to happen in the match, and when they want it to happen. My main problem with full-match writing is that it tends to be longer, with obvious reason, and I just don't have the motivation for that. As Pretty Hate Machine says, if you lose in full-match writing, then you've done all that work for nothing. At least if you lose doing turn-based fedding, you've at least done something that's going to remain in the record books.

In conclusion, dunno lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm not a fan of one a piece in regards to turn based. I think it gives the second person to post a big advantage because they get to respond to the first, one up it, and the first poster basically just has to deal with it. I'd much rather see the limit on word count stay, but posts unlimited until deadline.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 9:34 pm

^ The problem with that, is that everyone still waits until the last minute to post Bruh......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 pm

But then nothing changes for those situations, but it opens up more possibilities for anyone willing to be a little more active with their match.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:14 pm

I don't like the idea of repeated turns, because it's unfair to those who don't have the time or motivation to do numerous posts. They do one, their opponent does multiple and they're at a disadvantage, for the reasons Myke said above about one person writing more than the other.

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 pm

I can see that. I suppose any way it goes will have advantages and disadvantages. The multiple turns just tends to be my favorite. I find it more competitive.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:24 am

Matches barely get one post, so thinking unlimited posting in turn-based would ever happen here is pretty illogical. Not to mention the majority don't have that much time, so it wouldn't be competitive at all, because you'd get one person posting once, then the other posting more than once. The person posting twice will most likely win for reason Myke already stated. That's just Megaman style.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Exactly. Multiple turn based posting would cause the same issue with the full match writing. Our cards are only one week long. With the exception of PPVs. Look at the current card. Are there any match posts right now? I don't believe so. People wait until the weekend to post. So we might see posts today/tomorrow and most definitely Monday when it's due.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 12:58 pm

Just an idea I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Abby-Normal wrote:
Just an idea I don\'t know

Why aren't you using your VladmirTStrife account? It's unbanned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:44 pm

I keep getting the message "You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password." When I try to sign into it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Did you forget your password? ^
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Check your PM. I just changed it for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Someone changed it and set my language to Portuguese. Which is a nice touch to whoever did that, but doesn't work well considering Chrome detects the change and translates for me, lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Oh, and thanks, Myke.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 11:12 pm

VladimirTStrife wrote:
Someone changed it and set my language to Portuguese. Which is a nice touch to whoever did that, but doesn't work well considering Chrome detects the change and translates for me, lol

Portuguese was me. Sometimes I do it to Razor for lols

Full Match Or Turn Based Style? FJBloTX
Full Match Or Turn Based Style? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full Match Or Turn Based Style?   Full Match Or Turn Based Style? Empty

Back to top Go down

Full Match Or Turn Based Style?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1