HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! Empty
PostSubject: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Raw general manager Brad Maddox has confirmed that WWE legend Goldust will return this Monday night to face off against WWE Champion Randy Orton. Goldust's half-brother Cody Rhodes was recently "fired" by WWE COO Triple H following his loss to the Viper last week. This match came about because of a Twitter conversation started by the former 9-time Hardcore Champion.

@DUSTIN_RHODES1
Hey @TripleH , when you're done with this injustice, pick up the phone and tell me what i can do to give @CodyRhodesWWE a #SecondChance @wwe

Maddox confirmed the match for this Monday, and to sweeten the deal, has added that if Goldust can defeat the WWE Champion, and if Cody Rhodes issues a public apology to the McMahon family, he will be given his job back
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 1:48 pm

Lol "legend".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:44 pm

This was already posted. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Barry Robinson wrote:
Lol "legend".
why would that be funny?
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:48 pm

What has Goldust ever done to be considered a legend?

He's a decent-at-best wrestler with a joke gimmick that never won a World Championship and is a complete douchebag in real life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:53 pm

So you have to be a world Champion to be a legend? So Scott Hall isn't one? Owen Hart isn't one?

So being a 3 X WWE Intercontinental Champion doesn't mean anything? I mean when the IC was actually a important championship.

Tho his gimmick was set to fail, Goldust was pretty over in his day. Heck People still mark out when they hear his theme song.

Douchebag in real life? I think about half of wrestlers are dickheads in real life
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 2:55 pm

No, you don't need to just be a former World Champion to be a legend. But you need more than Goldust has. A couple mid-card title reigns, mixed with decent at best wrestling skills and a joke gimmick does not make a legend. The only reason anyone would consider him a legend would be because of longevity and not everyone who's wrestled since 1990 is a legend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:05 pm

So you won't even give him the benefits of being a mid-card legend? I mean Dustin wasn't some johnny come lately who did nothing. Goldust have brought alot of memories. Him being in a tag team with Booker T (which is really the only time I liked him, but I do respect what he has done over the years), Freaking Ahmed Johnson the fuck out. I mean he took a gimmick that was a joke but somehow made it work. When you ask someone on the street who goldust is they will say he is a wrestler who wrestled in the WWF.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Say what you want, but I don't consider Goldust a legend. He hasn't done nearly enough to be called such a thing. He has longevity, a few mid-card title reigns and he's related to a legend. That's it.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:10 pm

Back in the mid nineties, the Goldust character was a big deal and had serious rivalries with many top talents, including Taker. It wasn't until the Attitude Era came along did he start becoming a comedic character, which probably tarnished him somewhat. He did make this weird ass gimmick actually work and considering he came from a time where Vince was churning out weird shit on a daily basis that never worked, that's saying something.

Plus he tapped Terri Runnells. He should be in the Hall of Fame for that alone...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Chilly wrote:
Back in the mid nineties, the Goldust character was a big deal and had serious rivalries with many top talents, including Taker. It wasn't until the Attitude Era came along did he start becoming a comedic character, which probably tarnished him somewhat. He did make this weird ass gimmick actually work and considering he came from a time where Vince was churning out weird shit on a daily basis that never worked, that's saying something.

Plus he tapped Terri Runnells. He should be in the Hall of Fame for that alone...

Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! Terri-runnels-2

I mean you have to give credit where credit is due man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Goldust = legend
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Damn that Terri pic doe. whistle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 12:55 am

So um, where's the big match? I see a job match.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 am

We're not talking about your efed matches I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:08 am

That's how this match will be. Might just surpass a 3MB match.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 pm

So he's a mid-card legend? That's insulting in itself. You're basically saying that he couldn't hang anywhere outside jobbing and being a comedy act.

And he's come back to do the same thing, that is if he even comes back as Goldust. He could come back as simply Dustin Rhodes, kicking Randy's ass in a street fight, which is something I'd personally look forward too. Otherwise, no. Just no. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 8:32 pm

Chilly wrote:
We're not talking about your efed matches I aint bothered
OUCH. Even I felt that. Funny

and of course Goldust is a legend.. wow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:09 am

Nate wrote:
So he's a mid-card legend? That's insulting in itself. You're basically saying that he couldn't hang anywhere outside jobbing and being a comedy act.

And he's come back to do the same thing, that is if he even comes back as Goldust. He could come back as simply Dustin Rhodes, kicking Randy's ass in a street fight, which is something I'd personally look forward too. Otherwise, no. Just no. Shaking Head

legend, mid-card legend, whatever. He's a legend! The only reason I would call him a mid card legend...because most of his stuff was in the mid card. Calling him a mid card legend isn't a insult. It's calling him a legend among the secondary guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!   Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns! Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Match Scheduled for 9/9 WWE Raw: Goldust Returns!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1