HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent Empty
PostSubject: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:24 pm

- Despite settling in on a new channel with Destination America, TNA’s internal issues are far from over. According to a report from PWInsider, TNA Wrestling is currently dealing with some behind the scenes issues with the talent roster. The trouble is that TNA is allegedly behind on paying its wrestlers. According to the report, many talents have anonymously reached out and claimed that TNA is behind on their payments.

One wrestler went as far as claiming that TNA is behind two pay periods. Another has claimed that there are wrestlers who are still owed money going as far back as February. Currently, TNA does not have any dates scheduled until the next live episode of Impact Wrestling, which is set for May 8. The pay issue is becoming a growing source of frustration for the roster, who are now working more independent wrestling dates in order to supplement their income.

The report goes on to add that TNA office sources in Nashville, Tennessee are confirming that the pay issues are legitimate. In addition, even though a source allegedly denied that TNA was behind on two periods, the source did admit that TNA has recently been behind on getting paychecks to roster talents. TNA is said to be in the process of trying to get a handle on the pay issue. TNA’s paychecks are sent via Dallas, Texas and not in Nashville where TNA is headquartered. Dallas is the home of TNA’s parent company, Panda Energy. Another issue is the result of Panda Energy moving its offices, which is still currently ongoing. However, the Panda department that issues TNA office and roster paychecks was reportedly “completely closed.” This is what apparently led to there being a backlog of checks for TNA in recent weeks.

The recent taping of numerous One Night Only PPV events in Orlando, Florida reportedly caused a lot of payroll expenses. The company was not getting revenue from those PPV tapings because they were free, since they were taped at Universal Studios. This was another factor for the backlog of checks that have not been paid out to the roster.

Credit: PWInsider
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Fucking TNA. Who do they hire to run their offices? This isn't the first time they were behind on paying people. It could be the talent's fault. Some people just don't have any balls. This happened to my friend when he worked at a pizza place.

I'm fine with a late check but being behind two pay periods is bullshit. The talent should have called and asked what's going on. And if the person is still not paid I would call the office or Dixie if they can and tell her they're not doing charity work. Either I get money or I'll find employment elsewhere.

But some guys don't have balls. Like I said this also happened my friend and he let it go too far.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:00 pm

... Is Heyman running it? Big Grin!

TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent FJBloTX
TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 pm

I bet a lot of them are on food stamps. Bruh......
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:50 pm

Eeyen wrote:
... Is Heyman running it? Big Grin!
The situation would be so much worse panic

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:46 pm

Nobody should lift a finger until their wages are in their bank accounts

.............................................................................................................

According to both PWInsider.com and F4WOnline.com, TNA talents have finally started receiving their paychecks, and they began to arrive on Saturday of last week and yesterday. To try and make up for previous delays, a source noted to PWInsider that TNA talents would be receiving their March checks earlier than scheduled.

As noted, Taz missed the last set of Impact Wrestling tapings, and the reason is not yet known. Dave Meltzer notes repercussions could be coming for Taz’s absence.

Meltzer is describing things in TNA as a lot worse than the end of the run they had on SpikeTV, as there seems to be a lot of unhappiness across the board with company momentum and a feeling of stagnation.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 2:25 pm

I'm glad at least Taz stood up for himself.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:09 pm

Manik has been defending TNA with this. He always seems to do that when something bad is said lol.

What amazes me, this day and age, is that pay cheques are still sent out like this. You'd think it'd all be done digitally by now.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:13 pm

Well if someone steals your debit/credit card number you can keep your next pay check from getting stolen if you do get it in paper form.

Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:17 pm

True.

Just you'd think it wouldn't be done in paper any more, due to how fast this World currently is.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Well it helps you when you get something on paper. No one can fuck with it once you have it in that form.

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 12:18 pm

this happens every year it seems so it doesn't really mean something. They will survive, they always do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 1:32 pm

As we continue to receive reports of frustration with TNA pay, Matt Hardy posted the following on Twitter today regarding the checks he recently received from the company:

TNA pays me so well & often that I almost feel bad.. Almost. I got 5 checks today alone! BIG $ MATT is jubilant! pic.twitter.com/TFWGJRt4Rx

— Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) April 14, 2015

TJ Perkins, aka Manik in TNA, who has been defending the company over recent financial reports, posted the following in response to Hardy:

@MATTHARDYBRAND mine didn’t come with a sharpie…mechanical pencil tho.. pic.twitter.com/S66OlnK69G

— TJ Perkins/MANIK (@MaskaraManik) April 14, 2015

Perkins also had the following to say via his ask.fm page when asked about recent reports of TNA’s failure to pay talent on time:

“If that’s all it says, then all false. I have a feeling that’s not all it says tho. Also any large scale business would stop operating well before their financial books got to that point. Ppl that think any large scale business would operate down to the last penny have no sense of how pretty much any business works and are most likely lifetime 9-5ers and have never been exposed to a higher tier of the business world.

Think about it, if your job costed you more money than you were making from it…would you continue to stick it out down to your last dollar in the bank? Or would you have bailed out long before that deficit overtook you?

Further more what if your job was considered an asset, and someone was willing to pay you to take your place at your job…which is costing you more than you are making from it…wouldn’t you field that offer before you get down to your last dollar?

It’s common sense. No business would continue to try to operate under those circumstances. Anyone who thinks so watches too much television.

And of course it’s possible that ppl can miss a paycheck. That could happen in a 9-5 job. So of course it could happen in a traveling entertainment based job, with an irregular schedule, unconventional clock in and work logging, and under the umbrella of a larger company that funds it from a separate office in a separate city and state.

It’s the wildly presumptuous reasoning behind why someone might miss a paycheck or that it’s an epidemic happening that is irrational. Not to mention ppl’s idea of how a large scale business operates.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent   TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent Empty

Back to top Go down

TNA Wrestling Reportedly Behind on Paying Talent

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1