PostSubject: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:00 am

People are dumb H6C860360
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:10 am

It's not a sport.

It's sports entertainment Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:12 am

It is a sport. It's a non-competitive sport.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:24 am

WWE does everything it can to try convince people they're not a sport. They would be very unhappy with you right now.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:58 am

I'd like them all to try and have a "not a sport" match against Lesnar.

BORKKKKK LEZZNARRRRR
Back to top Go down

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:18 am

So the fact that people train their bodies to perform stunts to entretain a crowd still doesn't make it a sport?
Please do explain me how Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Monster Truck or even Dust Bike stunts are more of a sport than Wrestling please.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:56 am

WWE is professional wrestling. And professional wrestling is defined as (according to Wikipedia) "an athletic performance that combines athletics with theatrical performance". And their source was from Roland Barthes, "The World of Wrestling", Mythologies, 1957.

Sport is defined as "an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

So it could be defined as a sport, yes. But since it has a pre-determined outcome, I want to say it's not. Even though a sport also involves entertainment, it also involves winning. With WWE, (and any professional wrestling), you have to be athletic, sure. But they aren't competing to win since it's pre-determined. They're competing to strictly entertain.

So using Zanon's example, all of those that he listed, the goal is to win. Even in the stunts portion. You want to entertain so much that people find it the best. That's not the case with professional wrestling. It's scripted. The most entertaining may lose a lot. In those examples, all of those type of athletes want to win. They're not going to go "I'm going to go out there and entertain these fans!" - No, their primary goal is to win for themselves/their team. Whereas in professional wrestling, again, it's to entertain.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:29 am

The thing is, it's still competitive. You're trying to put on the best performance, you're trying to make a name for yourself, you're trying to draw money. And the people who do that (usually) get pushed.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:33 am

It's not a sport. In fact WWE tried to get away from calling it a sport so it wouldn't have to pay so much money to athletic commissions.

It's not regulated as a sport. There's no real winners. Most of the time it's certainly athletic. But that doesn't make it a sport.
Back to top Go down

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:42 am

Yep, but then again, we all know that most of the "Mainstream" so-called "Sports" also have their share of corruption :V (Remember the Italian Soccer League? Right. I'm not an american citizen, though i've heard stuff about the Basketball and Baseball leagues as well... you know... "pre-arranged"/fixed results? :V)
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 10:59 am

We just call The NFL a sport so Mexi doesn't get mad NAH
Back to top Go down

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:51 am

These are probably the type of people who watched Jersey Shore, Honey Boo Boo, and keeping up with the kardashians
Back to top Go down
Tim
Jobber
Tim

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Professional Wrestling isn't a sport, but that doesn't mean that it's not competitive nor is it fake.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:27 pm

The thing is, when they say it isn't a sport, they actually mean it's a pile of fake shit where nobody gets hurt. That's what bothers me.

I don't give shit if it's a sport or not, just don't act like they are taking bumps on a bouncy castle <_<
Back to top Go down
Tim
Jobber
Tim

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:30 pm

HBSHIZZLE wrote:
The thing is, when they say it isn't a sport, they actually mean it's a pile of fake shit where nobody gets hurt. That's what bothers me.

I don't give shit if it's a sport or not, just don't act like they are taking bumps on a bouncy castle <_<

Agreed. Just because it's scripted doesn't mean that it's fake, they're still performing the moves in the ring, some of which I'm sure can hurt somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:37 pm

Hurt? If someone suplexed me, I'd be in hospital for a week Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

People are dumb Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are dumb   People are dumb Empty

Back to top Go down

People are dumb

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1