HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Redemption 2015 Gradings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

Redemption 2015 Gradings Empty
PostSubject: Redemption 2015 Gradings   Redemption 2015 Gradings EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 12:13 am

JARED JERUSALEM VS. JOEY JOBBERTON
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: NONE

Frenchie no-showed. He's leaving the fed but is staying as GM.

VERTIGO VS. CHRIS DOLMETH
TAIPEI DEATHMATCH

Double no-show.

PRINCE ALEX III VS. RYAN QUILL
STREET FIGHT

PA3 wins via no-show.

ISAAC VS. MATTHEW BRADLEY
HARDCORE MATCH

Matthew Bradley wins via no-show.

MICHAEL ASTIN VS. MARK STOREY
TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH

Michael Astin wins via no-show.

E.G. DEAL VS. AZRAEL VS. JAMES BEST
#1 CONTENDERS TLC MATCH

James Best wins via double no-show. Grats on the #1 Contender spot, Caine.

MINKARO ©️ VS. DOMINIK DIVERAZ VS. RAZOR XTREME
TRIPLE THREAT MATCH; XWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ©️
GRADER: California Maki Plastic (Decep)

Diveraz: I liked the start of your match. The reader is tricked into thinking that both heels in the bout are going to go at it because of their egos, only for them to fuck with the only true face of the match and take him out of the equation early. Now, your description is good, but it can be improved a bit more. For example in Diveraz's Double Springboard Moonsault Plancha spot, how did Diveraz execute it? Sloppily? Gracefully? How did his opponent's react? Moving on, the action is really good (I envy it, tbh), so is your use of the stipulation; but I'm not sure if I like how two signature moves have been used so early in the match up (Mink's Destination Unknown and Diveraz's Salto De La Fe). Maybe it's just me, but I prefer when a match builds up a bit before the wrestlers use their trademark moves. "Galdburg" LOL. I like your characterization of all three; especially with what you're doing with Dominik. Keeping him as the underdog with him being the only face, and having both Mink and Razor be opportunistic assholes is enjoyable to read. Razor and Dominik exchanging low blows made for a really entertaining spot - it actually made me chuckle a bit. One thing I disliked about your writing of the crowd's reaction is your redundancy of "despite x being a heel". Once you mention it once or twice, it sets in that the crowd will pop for anything awesome despite the wrestler's alignment. The spots that happen near the ending are really exciting, and the ending is just a brutal and great display of how Razor Xtreme goes about in his matches. Really good post. The world title certainly felt important. Really, all you have to work on is being a bit more thorough with your description.

Minkaro: As I start to read your continuation of Justin's post, I immediately notice very nice characterization. It's the little things like “EENIE MEENIE MINEY MOE, FUCK IT I PICK MINKARO.” that can really make a character seem real Funny I fucking love the Xtreme Walls spot. Your description there is the kind of shit I want to produce, but I just can't seem to. Badass description. I would prefer if narratives such as "Although the pair are incredibly well versed in the art of technical wrestling, the time for that in this match has longed since passed" were kept to a minimum, or at least written in a shorter manner. The longer a narrative sentence in the post is, the awkwarder it gets in my opinion. Try and be consistent with the description (this may be a nitpick lol) - " just as a boo accompanies the next one from Razor." Did the kick land at the same spot? shit like that. Now, after Diveraz pursues Razor with kicks, the whole spot could've been a better read if you had Diveraz catch his breath or something. Him just lifting Razor onto the top rope after chasing the fucker is a tad unrealistic in my opinion. Mink's German suplex on Diveraz accidentally creating a pin hold made me laugh quite a bit. Your storytelling is seriously just fucking great. The kipup battle is hilarious, but having Mink not join in rushing at Razor was a good way of keeping him a tweener. The ending was a great spot, and overall your match is really good. Just work on the consistency of your selling/description.

Razor: First thing I wanna say here is : We have a Spanish announce table? Indifferent. "to make sure none of them die in this match." This is definitely just me, but I really don't like this line. It's such an exaggeration Funny Maybe that's your point but w/e. Razor rolling out of the announce table wreck and being smug about it? Osm. Now the slow pace at the start of the match took me a bit to get into, but it's alright as Mink's ending pretty much forced you to write this way - you're doing it well though; good description, pacing, characterization. No complaints. The first thing I notice here is that your description in this post is more thorough than the other two posts in this match. Now here's a problem... Top rope Hurricanrana spot: "Unfortunately for him, Razor is ready for it this time" Razor WAS also ready for it last time. He was able to land on his feet; unless you meant he wasn't ready to be thrown from the turnbuckle with a Hurricanrana. Moving on, some really great story telling. The strap evidently feels important as I read through your match, especially with you writing Diveraz as someone who just won't give up. So is Minkaro getting off the stretcher through willpower alone, but his body failing him as he nears the ramp. Great visual there. I had a bit difficulty visualizing the Razor's Edge into Matanza counter with the way you wrote it, but it's possible. Minkaro getting a surge of energy is something I'm not sure of. Last time he's mentioned, he's CRAWLING on the ramp, now he's just fucking unloading on Dominik? I mean, maybe if you wrote Mink resting a bit after breaking the pin or at least his strikes being unmeasured and purely out of instinct, I would've been a bit more okay with it. Minkaro's brawling is just absolutely fucking brutal, though. It's so enjoyable to read. SON OF A BITCH MADDOX AND GOODMAN. Great choice to have them come out there, though. It further solidifies just how much of a cunt Razor is. I did not see a Hurricanrana counter to the Titan Bomb, kudos to you. The ending was great. No one's left completely out of it. Great match.

Verdict: This whole thing's a great read, guys. All three of you made a really good effort; but I just have to give it to Razor Xtreme. While Dominik had the best action out of all three, and Minkaro had the best storytelling; Razor's post was equally good in all aspects, and his was the most consistent out of all three. Congrats Razor, and again, great match guys!

Last edited by Deceased on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

Redemption 2015 Gradings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redemption 2015 Gradings   Redemption 2015 Gradings EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 9:39 am

Gradings are out.
Back to top Go down

Redemption 2015 Gradings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1