HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" Empty
PostSubject: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 8:50 pm

Due March 30th, 2015 @ 11:59 PM EST
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 8:35 am

As Redemption returns from commercial break, the lights immediately go out; plunging Madison Square Garden in darkness. Spots of light begin to pop up as a result of the audience using whatever devices they have to try and illuminate the famous arena. The darkness is but a fleeting moment, as the titantron lights up; which prompts the New Yorkers to turn their attention to the large screen.

The titantron begins to shutter though different random yet disturbing images. An eye hooked open with wires as the pupil begins to move around in a rapid manner. A hung corpse decomposing through timelapse footage. A woman bound in a straitjacket banging her head against the wall as blood flows from her forehead profusely. All these accompanied with what seems to be the innocent cry of an infant, which overtime changes with the sound of presumably the infant getting older as his voice gets deeper which eventually climaxes into the bloodcurling scream of an adult. The montage of horror abruptly smash cuts to black; which lingers on the screen for a few seconds. Suddenly, a voice can be heard talking as the image slowly forms to show General Manager Michael Astin from last week.

Footage from Vendetta 106 wrote:
Michael Astin: "As for the other match: it's going to be a Fatal Fourway... contested under Tables, Ladders, and Chairs rules. Dangling above the ring will be a clipboard with a sheet of paper that grants the wrestler who receives it a #1 Contendership spot for the World Heavyweight Championship. The first man announced for it? E.G. Deal.

With the mention of the man known as “The Golden Eagle”,  the video immediately cuts images of the Giant; who can be seen pandering to the crowd, smiling as he does it. Azrael’s voice is abruptly heard over the footage.

|Azrael| ”Smug, vain son of a bitch. His pride makes him weak. His greed blinds him. He will fall.”

The video then cuts to James Best winning against Van Scarborough last week. Ted Cedar’s voice is heard.

Ted Cedar: “James Best did what he said he would, he beat Van Scarburough and he goes to Redemption for the number one contenders match in T…L…C!!!”

Similarly, the image quickly shifts to James Best addressing the crowd last week; stating his intentions.

James Best: “I’ve even got a few scores to settle with billionaires who think they’re brawlers but I don’t fight for money, I fight for a purpose… I fight for a belief and before I took this helmet off and bashed James Knight over the skull with it, my belief was that ANYONE could be Rufus Driver. Anyone could take that spotlight but the gears in the machine keep grinding that hope to dust don’t they.” James pauses, almost scowling. James Best: “Well if you’re going to grind me to dust again… I’m going to make sure I make a hell of a mess. Yes I’ll defeat Van Scarburough tonight to get into TLC at Redemption, yes I’ll go through tables, be bashed by tables and climb ladders for that number one spot and yes I will be the world heavyweight champion and things will change not for the better… but for the BEST! Write THAT shit!”

Again, the Devil’s Reject speaks over the footage with condescension.

|Azrael| ”Lead astray by the ecstasy of gold. Misled by his longing for his decorated past. His disregard to accept the present will be personified through I; and it is then that he will realize his mistakes.”

As the footage goes silent, it shifts back to Michael Astin.

Michael Astin: The second man is going to be Azrael, because he's also been impressive. He's like a puppy with rabies to be honest. And since Riley fucking cheated, he now has no match. So I feel bad for the little Chihuahua.

As the Terror of Death mentions the Maniac Unmasked, his eyes suddenly turn pitch black. The footage begins to shutter with static as the loud caw of a crow is heard. As the footage clears up, Azrael’s two violet eyes are seen. His eyes are visibly bloodshot and dry. The only thing that can be heard is him breathing, which lingers on for a few seconds. He suddenly pierces the silence by letting out a bloodcurling shriek as he stares into the camera as if he knows both his opponents are watching. The Devil’s Reject begins to back up, clad in a denim jacket, a black shirt, and jeans. The room he’s in only has one dangling lamp on the ceiling. Upon further inspection, the dark room he is in seems to have multiple mirrors on the walls. Azrael begins to speak.

|Azrael| ”Everyone says I’ve been granted this opportunity. I agree, but not in the way they expect. I don’t give a damn if this puts me in the position to pursue that which many of these maggots in the business desire. The only thing I care about is my own enjoyment. Their despair is my pleasure. Their pain. And now, thanks to Mr. Astin; I can get creative with what I want to do with both of you. Hell, both of you can, too; yet your greed won’t be enough to put me down. If I win, it’ll only be the icing on the cake. What’s important is that when the time comes, all three of us won’t be able to walk out from he-”

The Devil’s Reject abruptly stops his monologue. He scowls as he turns around to look at the mirror behind him, visibly annoyed.

|Azrael| ”What do you want now!?”

Silence, the viewers in the arena and Madison Square Garden do not know what to make of this sudden interruption. Azrael grows increasingly infuriated as he slams his hands on the sides of the mirror.

|Azrael| ”Is it not enough!? How much more do you want!?”

Azrael suddenly screams at the mirror as if it's done something to him. In anger, the Maniac Unmasked suddenly throws a right hand onto his reflection; shattering the mirror into pieces and cutting his hand in the process. He begins shaking as he grows increasingly unstable. He looks at his now bleeding hand, and he starts to calm down. The Violet Eyed Psycho begins to face the audience again as a smirk begins to form across his mouth.

|Azrael| ”I understand now.”

He suddenly puts his hand over his face, wiping blood on it and creating a ghastly crimson visage. He bursts into a malicious cackle which dies down just as fast as it came up. He stares directly through the camera, as if staring at all the New Yorkers in attendance.

|Azrael| ”It is their flesh and blood they desire, and it is their flesh and blood they shall receive.”

With that, the video abruptly ends, leaving the XWA faithful wondering what awaits E.G. Deal and James Best tonight; now that Azrael’s insanity seems to have reached a dangerous level.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:12 am

I liked it. I enjoy when people make references to other things that happen in the fed with actual quotes. If it were a real promo, it makes it more visually-appealing.

I also like where Azrael is heading.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:16 am

Badass promo man, BADASS I love it. I actually haven't invested any interest in your character (sorry) but this is delicious.
Back to top Go down
Tim
Jobber
Tim

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:43 am

This promo pulled me in, the combination of description and narration, awesome.

I've become a big fan of Azrael.
Back to top Go down
Phelan
Jobber
Phelan

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 12:59 pm

This is a GOOD, VERY GOOD promo. Description was good and the fact that you focused on your opponents as well to build your match up is GREAT. I am looking the psycho-mirror thing, you are definitely one of the most interesting characters ATM in XWA.

Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 1:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

@Kani Thanks for the sudden unexpected comment on Azrael's profile that motivated me to write, assface. Mad as hell
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:46 pm

You're welcome, buddy. Big Grin!

Great promo, I really enjoyed it. I love the dark imagery behind Azrael, he's really becoming something out of a horror film.

"Their despair is my pleasure. Their pain." I initially felt like you were going to go back to their pain and add something else, but forgot. Then I read it as Az saying their despair is his pleasure, which in turn is their pain. Is that right? All I'm thinking is that it might need a little tweaking if so, or you could just tell me to piss off. Funny

Can't wait to read your match. Smile
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 6:21 am

Dis promo = me if I'm not lazy times infinity
Back to top Go down
Pygmy
The Downward Spiral
The Downward Spiral
Pygmy

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 6:22 am

Kani wrote:
You're welcome, buddy. Big Grin!

Great promo, I really enjoyed it. I love the dark imagery behind Azrael, he's really becoming something out of a horror film.

"Their despair is my pleasure. Their pain." I initially felt like you were going to go back to their pain and add something else, but forgot. Then I read it as Az saying their despair is his pleasure, which in turn is their pain. Is that right? All I'm thinking is that it might need a little tweaking if so, or you could just tell me to piss off. Funny

Can't wait to read your match. Smile

LMAO

Yeah I kinda fucked that line up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"   P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity" Empty

Back to top Go down

P3) Azrael | "An Opportunity"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1