HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Big Show turn?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Favourite Big Show turn? Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 pm

Pick ONLY one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:35 pm

heel turn #567870
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:39 pm

That time he was face, but unexpectedly became a heel OMG!
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:44 pm

Zanon wrote:

I SAID ONE, DAGNABBIT.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Mink wrote:
Zanon wrote:

I SAID ONE, DAGNABBIT.

To be fair, I mentioned a specific one. The "unexpected" heel turn. Which may have happened only once, considering the other two millions were pretty much predictable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:01 pm

You fucker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Honestly? This past one at Survivor Series. It made the match more interesting (putting the faces back squarely in the underdog category by eliminating the last two power players), and has lead to one of the more entertaining versions of heel Show, imo.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:06 pm

All of them. suspicious

His turns aren't nearly as good as Mark Henry's, though.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:18 pm

Let me help you guys out Thirsty Mofos
David Bixenspan wrote:
Summer/Fall 1995: Debuts as a heel as The Giant, who may or may not be the son of Andre. How do we know this? He showed up wearing Andre’s shirt from The Princess Bride and an Andre-style one strap singlet. He also tried (and failed) to turn his hair poofy like Andre’s afro.

Summer 1996: Is used as a babyface in his major matches because he’s the WCW Champion as the nWo angle starts.

September 1996: Joins the nWo and turns on WCW. He trips over his promo explaining the turn and the show ends with him visibly annoyed as this exchange takes place:

Scott Hall: “Hey, is Andre really your dad?”

The Giant: “DON’T GO THERE!”

December 1996: Turns face when he wants the shot at Hollywood Hogan’s WCW Title that he earned. Meanwhile, Roddy Piper was stretchered out while speaking in tongues. A few weeks later, an elderly couple who specialize in linguistics reveal that Piper was actually screaming something along the lines of “Hogan, I’m gonna getcha!” in ancient Gaelic. Giant aligns himself with a kindred spirit, Lex Luger.

May 1998: Turns heel and joins nWo Hollywood, his main rivals for the previous 18 months. Starts smoking on TV for no discernable reason.

January 1999: Turns babyface by virtue of being one of the odd men out after the Finger Poke of Doom/because he’s leaving for the WWF.

February 14, 1999: Debuts in the WWF as Paul Wight, Vince McMahon’s corporate giant. Is briefly nicknamed “The Big Nasty” because someone comes to their senses.

Spring 1999: Turns babyface by decking Vince McMahon at WrestleMania and eventually joining fellow former Corporation stablemates Mankind, Test, and Ken Shamrock in the Union of People You Oughtta Respect, Shane, or UPYOuRS.

July 1999: Turns heel by default to form a tag team with The Undertaker. The Undertaker cuts this promo:

“Play time's over, sit down and shut up. Later on tonight, there's gonna be a match for the tag team titles between the Acolytes and X-Pac & Kane, whatever whatever, it's not important. The fact of the matter is, this Sunday at SummerSlam the winner of that match will come face to face with this. And to make sure that my man was right, this week I put him to the test. I had Paul Bearer call out to California, San Fernando Valley, to some associates of ours at the Local 8. Paul said we're gonna need two bikes for a ride in the desert. The guy said 'Brother Paul, now we know that the Dead Man can handle it, but I don't know about the Big Show. It's August, it's 120 degrees in the middle of Death Valley.' He says 'the only things that survive in the desert are the cold-blooded...the snakes and the lizards.' Paul said 'that's all right, and in one of those bikes that you're setting up for us, I want you the Big Show to only have enough gas to get to the middle of the desert and not get back.' [Jerry Lawler: “What?!”]

So we're on our way - we get to the middle of Death Valley—120 degrees, the Big Show's bike runs out of gas. And I pull up next to him and I ask him this question: 'It's 120 degrees, how are you gonna survive?' He looks me straight in the eyes, without hesitation, he says 'I'm gonna wait 'til you go to sleep, I'm gonna stab you in the back, I'm gonna cut your flesh off, make a coat out of it, and I'm gonna eat YOUR flesh until I find food.' [Jim Ross: “Ugh…”] I said 'Good answer big man, but I don't sleep,' and I drove off and left him. [JR: “What?!”] I waited on the outskirts of the desert. Two days later, he walks out with a snake necktie and lizard boots, carryin' his Harley-Davidson on his shoulder. The point of the story is this. What used to be known as SummerSlam will now be known as Armageddon, and whoever shows up...will be hurt."

October 1999: Turns babyface by default when The Undertaker is injured and they reveal that “his father is dying.” Wins the WWF Championship as a late replacement when Steve Austin’s stuntman gets hit by a car driven by Rikishi in an effort to confront anti-Samoan racism. Big Bossman becomes obsessed with Big Show, steals his father’s corpse, and menaces his mother into revealing that Baby Show was born out of wedlock.

January 2000: Loses WWF Championship to Triple H. A list I found in researching this said he turned heel by taking offense to The Rock calling guys jabronies. That sounds wrong. Didn’t he turn stemming from the Royal Rumble photo finish and Rock making fun of his new haircut? This shouldn’t be too hard to remember, it’s not like the company wasn’t in the middle of a hugely popular and memorable run.

April 2000: After stealing the, uh, show on Saturday Night Live when The Rock hosted to promote WrestleMania, Big Show turns face by default because he started doing wacky comedy like dressing up as Hulk Showgan and Shownan the Barbarian.

July 2000: Returns from an injury to attack The Undertaker and join Shane McMahon’s stable. Immediately gets sent to OVW to lose weight. Shaves his head in the process. Was he a babyface in OVW? Does it matter? He returned at the 2001 Royal Rumble as a heel.

July 2001: Everyone in the company becomes a babyface by default when the WCW Invasion happens. Sound familiar?

May, 2002: Joins the nWo. OK, this is getting creepy.

October 2002: Turns babyface when he’s traded to SmackDown? Maybe?

November 2002: Does a double turn to win the WWE Championship from an injured Brock Lesnar in a quick match. Lesnar takes no time off.

April 2004: Tries to murder Kurt Angle by chokeslamming him of a ledge backstage. WWE.com posts hilarious banner that says “SHOW OVER?” over a photo of Angle in a pool of his own blood with Show looking on contemplating life. Gets storyline fired or something.

September 2004: Returns as a babyface to feud with heel general manager Kurt Angle. Doesn’t turn for almost two years. Mazel tov!

July 2006: Turns heel with Paul Heyman to take the ECW Championship from Rob Van Dam at a rare ECW-only taping in a nearly empty arena in Philadelphia. Stays heel through the end of this run.

December 2006: Drops the ECW Championship at the infamous December to Dismember pay-per-view and leaves WWE for normal life. Which I guess makes him a babyface at life.

November 2007: Turning heel in real life, he declares his intention to abandon his boxing training/promoting agreement with SoBe Entertainment and go back to WWE, which led to a 2009 lawsuit that’s still ongoing.

February 2008: Returns to WWE for the Floyd Mayweather angle. He starts the segment as a babyface. Turns heel to set up Mayweather punching him. Everything is screwed up for weeks until someone realizes that materialistic domestic abuser Floyd Mayweather should be the outside heel with Big Show as the babyface. Their WrestleMania match outdoes Bam Bam Bigelow vs Lawrence Taylor as the greatest celebrity match of all time by a wide margin, though it was underappreciated at the time sandwiched between Ric Flair’s retirement match vs. Shawn Michaels and the Edge vs. Undertaker show closer.

September 2008: Turns heel on The Undertaker and has an affair with Vicki Guerrero. Helps reestablish the tag titles in his teams with Chris Jericho and The Miz.

April 2010: Turns on The Miz after they lose the titles to the Hart Dynasty and doesn’t turn for over two years. Awesome. But this is also the start of Crying Big Show after an angle where he accidentally tackles AJ Lee during a match with Daniel Bryan, who proclaims that “YOU’RE A BASTARD!”

June 2012: John Laurinaitis fires Big Show after Big Show cries. Big Show turns heel to get his job back. Has an awesome world title run and feud with Sheamus at the end of the year before dropping the belt to Alberto Del Rio and having another really good feud.

March 2013: Turns face to team with Randy Orton and Sheamus against The Shield.

April 2013: Turns heel at WrestleMania when they lose to The Shield.

September 2013: Cries a lot. Sort of turns heel and joins The Authority. Knocks out Dusty Rhodes and hugs him so he doesn’t have to take a bump. Triple H buys his house. Stephanie tells the world that Mrs. Show confided in her that Big Show has a Small Penis.

November-ish 2013: Revolts against The Authority. Tries to co-opt the “YES!” chants so someone in the office can prove a point. In Spring 2014, he starts to disappear from TV for months at a time without explanation.

November 2014: Turns heel because he’s worried his team will lose at Survivor Series, costing him his job. Joins The Authority again. Doesn’t cry this time.

February 2015: Turns on Kane when they argue over proper teamwork in a SmackDown main event against Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns. May or may not be a babyface. Not that it matters anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:39 pm

^ I dare someone to count those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

^31
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

amazing job, sir.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 4:23 pm

Funny thing is, he's turns like 5 times a year...and I still can't remember bloody one of them Big Show Swag
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Big Show turn?   Favourite Big Show turn? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Big Show turn?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1