HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying Empty
PostSubject: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:31 am

n response to people that have criticized Triple H's on-air bullying character despite WWE's commitment to the Be-A-Star campaign, Triple H and Jim Ross have posted the following on Twitter:

@JRsBBQ
Anyone who interprets being a TV wrestling villain to real life bullying is embarrassingly misguided.

@TripleH
OMG, someone just told me that Darth Vader is a character in a movie!!!! Silly me all this time I thought he was just a big bully #BAStar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:11 am

I love how Hunter's tweet works both ways. It makes fun of the people who take wrestling too seriously, and it still makes him look like a bullying asshat.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:07 am

HHH showing people how being a heel is done, like a boss. 8)

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:24 am

ROFL! at HHH's comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Lets see (these have happened in the past so dont get all proWWE on me):
Mocks Vickie Guerrero's weight and calls her a pig = check
Mocks Kaitlyn's looks and insinuates shes a dude = check
Makes fun of Jim Ross' condition on an almost weekly basis = check
Mocks Jerry Lawler's real life heart attack not even a week after it happened = check

The entire message of the Be A Star campaign is to stop bullying yet they've gone on national television and bullied people for storylines. If they can pander to the politically correct asshats in the gay and lesbian community, and not do anything regarding that subject, then they can not do storylines where someone's being bullied.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Shut up, fag.

Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:42 pm

^
He actually has a point....
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Just cause someone acts like a bully doesn't mean they are one. Plus its all the more satisfying to people when the bully finally gets put down.

These people crying about PG one second then crying that they bully people. Shaking Head

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Well no shit they arent one, but thats besides the point. Dont pander to one group and not to the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Guys! Guys!
What if I told you...
... that wrestling characters and storylines are scripted, and they're not really mocking eachothers for their self satisfaction?
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Double standards, basically. The thing is, kids will use stuff like what Triple H said as justification.

I get that it's a character thing, but how many young kids know that? It's essentially 'do as I say, not as I do' mentality, which will just teach kids nothing. For the record, I like the storyline. However, I don't like the whole justification thing that they try to do whenever something like this comes up. Rather than say it's just a character thing, why not say 'yeah, it is shitty that Triple H is doing this, and it's wrong to do that' blah blah blah. Saying it's a character means jack shit to a kid reading it on Twitter. It's kind of like a bully going to a teacher and saying that he's just playing when he sits on little Johnny's head or something. It's fine to say that it's a character thing, because adults get that, but they're not doing anything to show the average kid that, and it just leaves them wide open for criticism like this.

When I was 9 or 10, I hated that Austin attacked The Rock with a steel chair at WrestleMania, and I genuinely disliked him because I thought that was what he was like. The same goes for characters like the child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Kids don't know what the true nature of wrestling is. Assuming they do and satisfying the criticism with 'it's just a character' isn't going to go anywhere.

Really, they either need to drop this pre-tense, or draw distinguishable lines, saying how this kind of thing isn't acceptable or whatever. The consequence of that being that it takes a lot of the drama from the storyline. They can't have it both ways.

I'm just waiting for the time when WWE gets shit for a group of kids doing a Shield style beat down on one kid with another kid telling them to do it or something, and really, WWE deserves the criticism with a mindset like what Triple H and JR are showing. The kids will just say something like 'we were just playing' or 'we were just doing what the Shield did on TV. Being 'a character', basically.

Reading the tweet from JR, I thought that it's like watching a baby burn it's hand and saying "well, anyone who doesn't know that hot things burn are terribly misguided". If you don't give someone a frame of reference, what else are they going to do?

I'm not one of these people who say PG is the way to go or that wrestling is a bad influence or any of that shit (I believe people should actually do some fucking parenting if they feel that strongly against it), but there are clear discrepancies between WWE's Be A Star bollocks and what is on TV, and the longer that that goes on without trying to kind of give kids a clearer message about this, the more criticism they'll get. I think they should just drop this anti-bllying campaign, because they obviously can't do it right. Funny

I hope that makes sense. This was a much longer reply than I anticipated, haha.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 4:52 pm

^THIS Smile
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Holy shit Kani, you raped. Funny

While I agree, I also think that as long as they portray HHH as the bad guy, it really shouldn't matter. HHH is a bad guy, the "good guys" are the ones trying to "stop the bully", same story with Ryback.

As long as they don't have a face bully, it shouldn't be a bad message.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 7:38 pm

Wrestling has always had bullies, pretty much every heel ever has been a bully.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Simply put, kids don't listen to the "Don't Try This At Home" ads that are given.
Back to top Go down
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:26 pm

If WWE was all a bunch of people saying "I challenge you to a match! I don't like you, but I respect what you stand for in this company!" then no one would want to watch it. It's called building character...
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Yeah, but when kids start getting material from WWE's "building character", kids are building themselves to be something like the bad guys they see on TV: don't give a rats ass who they hurt or what they do. If it's on TV, it's OK - that kind of crap.

Yes, I understand the concept of what WWE does. We all enjoy it and tune in every week because of it, but it's like what Kani said. You also have to consider that to some extent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Caleb wrote:
If WWE was all a bunch of people saying "I challenge you to a match! I don't like you, but I respect what you stand for in this company!" then no one would want to watch it. It's called building character...
that reminds me of a indy company
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Nate wrote:
Yeah, but when kids start getting material from WWE's "building character", kids are building themselves to be something like the bad guys they see on TV: don't give a rats ass who they hurt or what they do. If it's on TV, it's OK - that kind of crap.

Yes, I understand the concept of what WWE does. We all enjoy it and tune in every week because of it, but it's like what Kani said. You also have to consider that to some extent.
yeah but a kid could watch the news and see someone who has murder 1000 people...there is no hiding this stuff from kids. it's something they have to deal with. Plus parents need to sit down and tell their kids...hey this is just a show, don't try any of this stuff. They are all actors playing roles. However the wrestling is dangerous and they are train pros.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:15 am

Then don't let kids watch it.

WTF, what kind of an argument is "Stop doing good shows because kids will turn evil!"

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 12:34 am

If the kids copy what they see on TV that's on the parents anyway. The parents need to be strict with what they allow their kids to watch and teach them from an early age that what they see on television is not what it's like in real life and is made up. If the parents bothered to sit down with their kids and watch with them and explain why things were happening or that it's all for entertainment then there would be no issue. It's retarded to put the blame on the company who are putting out an entertainment service for your kids turning into assholes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 7:28 am

^ This pretty much. Censoring things just to make sure kids don't see it is a bit counter-productive. It'll get much worse down the line if they were to finally see what we've been trying to hide, and then decide to do it themselves - except, with the added risk factor that kids/teenagers look for.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 10:10 am

Bully Rulez wrote:
Caleb wrote:
that reminds me of a indy company
Funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying   JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying Empty

Back to top Go down

JR and HHH React to Criticism of HHH's On-Air Bullying

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1