HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Retaliation 2013 - Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Retaliation 2013 - Results  Empty
PostSubject: Retaliation 2013 - Results    Retaliation 2013 - Results  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:58 am

Who is The Man in Charge?
After weeks, upon weeks of speculation and wonder, XWA management has appointed the official General Manager of Revenge.  A southern man by the name of Tex Roberts.  While he may not be the most experienced man to enter the business, no doubt his words to open up the PPV show that he's very passionate about this business.  The only question left now is, what does he plan to do from here on out?

Deal Dethrones the Last King!
E.G. Deal has been on the role of a lifetime these past few weeks, and it's only picking up more and more as the weeks go by as he picks up another impressive victory.  The moment he entered the ring it was almost clear, and after a decisive match up, the Destiny Holder walked out, looking just as impressive as he did when he came in.  Will this already been the end for Scott Wilson, or does the XWA newcomer have plans to redeem himself in the coming weeks?  

The Main Event Steals the Show!
While you're unlikely to ever hear someone doubt JHalc's ability in the ring, tonight only further proved why he's known as 'The Main Event'.  Despite Jeremy Paisley putting up one of the best performance of his career, Jay matched him every step of the way, only showing that he was having just that much better of a night.  JHalc brought the best out of his opponent, before finally putting him down for the victory.  With this impressive victory, things are only looking brighter for the former world champion.  And with Paisley impressing despite the loss, where will he go from here?

The Hero Remains Triumphant!
With a former world title contender as his challenger, Dave Demento had quite the challenge before him tonight.  And Tresda made sure to remind him of that every second that they were in the ring.  Both men put on a tremendous performance, neither wanting to lose on the first ever Revenge branded PPV!  However in the end, only one of them had the motivation, the desire to pull everything out for the victory.  On this occasion that man was Dave Demento as he continues to impress.  However, what will happen next week? 

Alex Madsen Speaks!
On the Revenge right before Retaliation, Madsen took out Tyler Chandler upon his return.  Leaving everyone with the question of why?  What had Chandler done to earn his wrath?  Well according to Madsen, it was simple.  He wanted to shut Chandler up, and of course to make a statement to the rest of the roster that he's here to win.  He's not about to sit and let everyone take charge over him.  And as such, he put them all on notice.  Now the question is, who will his next victim be?

The Legend Proves He's the Best!
In what may have been one of the most back and forth matches in XWA history, Nick Legend and Danny Diamond fought each other to the end.  With the finals of the tournament being the indication of who is at the top of the food chain, neither wanted to fail.  Both men had their issues leading up to this, but when push came to shove, their priories were set.  And the result was a match no one is about to forget.  Everyone thought Diamond was going to take the win when he practically knocked Legend out with a Yakuza kick right into the turnbuckle while the two were battling it out at ringside.  However, as Danny dragged him in the ring and covered him, Legend managed to pull something special out.  And after battling back, he managed to put the former World Heavyweight champion away.  Now the question is, who will be the next to challenge the Best in Revenge?

Last edited by The Lone Rurouni on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

Retaliation 2013 - Results  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retaliation 2013 - Results    Retaliation 2013 - Results  EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 2:04 am

Graded Results!

Since Scott Wilson not only no-showed, but hasn't been seen on the forum for a week or so (at least that I've seen), he will not be booked unless he contacts me.  

Jeremy Paisley vs. JHalc

Jeremy Paisley: This was a very good improvement from last weeks effort, and I do want to apologize for not putting more time into helping you with your proofreading.  I'll try to be more helpful in the future if you would still like assistance in that area.  As for the promo itself, I like it.  It's a sign that you're adapting well to the rp side of things from the match writing side.  Which is a very good thing.  It showed a bit of who Jeremy is, showing that while he may not be one of the big time stars everyone loved, he still cares about the business itself.  I also particularly liked how you had him focus on the benefit of facing JHalc, particularly the fact that if he wins, he's beaten a former world champ.  So you managed to include your opponent, while still bringing in some good character design.  Some very good work Bull, hope to see you continue with the improvement over the next few weeks.  

JHalc: You did an excellent job, just going to start off here.  Of course, that's not a complete surprise for someone who's been rp fedding for a good while now I believe.  Either way, this was a great way of reintroducing JHalc, and it was probably the most entertaining post I've read since I took over.  Which is a bit hard with Proggy, Razor and Snoopz all putting in good efforts.  In particular, I like how you defined their character types, pretty much having JHalc be the polar opposite of Parker, and demonstrating that repeatedly without actually saying it more than once, or even making it feel repetitive or boring.  That and the bit with the near death experience via a squirt gun was probably one of the funniest things I've read in a good while, even if I expected it.  Either way, it's a very strong work, and if you continue to put in work (I'm assuming you intend to be a regular Revenge fedder, let me know if I'm wrong) like this, you'll certainly be in the running for the first world champ when we get there.  As for the little journal entry, just like the rest, it was good, better it put the serious aspect to the rp, showing Jay's goal, his plans, and connecting things full circle with the mom story from the start.  Overall just excellent work.  

Winner: Well, despite a vast improvement from Bull, I'll have to give this one to JHalc, as his post was just full on character development, and a very creative, and different promo from what I've seen on Revenge so far.  Bull, don't let the loss get to you, just keep working on improving, as you did some good work this week. Jay's been rp fedding for a while, so he had a bit of an advantage.  You'll get there, so just keep working for it.

Joe Tresda vs. Dave Demento

Joe Tresda: A very good reintroduction for Tresda bringing up how close he was to being at the very top of the business when he left.  A subtle reminder to him being in the main event world title match at Retribution back in 2011, one I remember clearly myself.  I liked it.  The little interview with Ricky Wilbur was also interesting, but I feel like you could have shown more from Tresda there.  Though I admit it does leave a bit of an interesting mystery as to why it is Joe doesn't want to be touched.  Why, despite his ambitions bringing him back, is he still angry with everyone else?  I do like the 'evil' referencing towards Demento as his opponent.  A good way of talking to his opponent without being extremely forced.  I could still see it as that, but it fit well enough to keep the work flowing.  So good job there. 

Dave Demento: A very good continuation of the hero angle you've got going with Demento's nephew.  A very interesting way to look at it with him happy that he's the role model that Jake looked up to.  Shows another side of the family that wasn't quite there yet in the last rp.  The ending did seemed a bit tagged in though, with the 'shoot', though I think you could have just had them ask him to say a few words to help hype up his match at Retaliation.  Would have been a bit more accurate.  Over all though, you continue to impress, and I'm liking where the story is going.  Hopefully you can find a true 'Kryptonite' for a good feud.  That would be a fun way to move on from here, but I'll wait to see where you take it.

Winner: This is a pretty close one, while both of you put in some pretty solid work,  neither of you did anything to stand out this card either.  Which is fine, not every rp has to have some big plot, or anything like that.  Just makes the decision harder.  However, I'll have to hand this one to Dave Demento, as the continuation of his character development edges it for me.  I'm glad to have you back in the fed CKO, looking forward to seeing what you do with Tresda here on Revenge in the near future. Good match you two.

Danny Diamond vs. Nick Legend

Danny Diamond: A very good read, nothing groundbreaking by any means, but it shows what kind of mental state Danny is going into Retaliation.  Which was something I was curious about going off the last card.  Having him state that he's pushing off personal issues, with everything going on, for the sake of an accomplishment was a very good way of developing him.  Keeps the arrogant, heelish personality there, while still being human.  Unlike a lot of heels I've seen, he feels more legitimate because of where his motivations lie.  That and I like how you have him address Nick, and what is going on with him.  Not completely understanding whats happening, despite it being similar to the affliction he just dealt with due to Mirage.  So I like that you have him notice that something is off.  Good work.

Nick Legend: A very fun way to move forward with the storyline confirming that Seth was in Nick's head.  In fact, I think it's the first time I've seen it where they've ended up in the hospital and had headaches leading into the big reveal of it, which I found to be very good.  What interests me the most though is, what is Seth's grand goal as Nick's alternate ego?  Lots of interesting questions, and I like how it pretty much means that Nick is going into the match confidently, as well, his mental strain has been "stabilized" even if not in the way he'd expect.  And the foreshadowing to the COO being involved is very interesting, though I have to wonder how the COO of a company would react to a random worker bothering him about something like that, lol.  I think my only 'complaint' would be that you barely mentioned that he was in the finals of the tournament.  That would have been a good way to continue off the work, but it was very good nonetheless.

Winner: I'm going to start this off by saying that this was a very difficult choice for me, even more so than Tresda/Demento, simply because it's a bigger level, and I feel like both of you did great work.  However, I'm going to have to hand this one to Nick Legend, just because I feel like he took the PPV as a chance to do something big.  Where Snoopz, you did an rp entry that I think could be done for any show, any match.  While understandable as this is a fairly recent storyline you just started.  Very good match you two, and I won't be completely surprised if there's a rematch in the near future.

Last edited by The Lone Rurouni on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down

Retaliation 2013 - Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1