HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pats prez Kraft disputes Hernandez report

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pats prez Kraft disputes Hernandez report Empty
PostSubject: Pats prez Kraft disputes Hernandez report   Pats prez Kraft disputes Hernandez report EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:33 pm

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9613621/new-england-patriots-president-jonathan-kraft-disputes-aaron-hernandez-report-rolling-stone

Patriots president Jonathan Kraft disputed several elements of a recent Rolling Stone profile of former New England tight end Aaron Hernandez, who has been charged with murder in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd.

According to the magazine's story, Hernandez had told Patriots coach Bill Belichick that he feared for his life in the months before his arrest and Belichick suggested he find a safe house in a town near his residence in North Attleborough, Mass.

The Herd with Colin Cowherd

Rolling Stone contributing editor Paul Solotaroff dishes on Aaron Hernandez's childhood, the time that Hernandez spent at Florida, the Patriots' treatment of Hernandez and more.

More Podcasts »
Kraft disputed that notion, adding that Belichick had denied such a conversation had taken place.

"It said that Aaron had told Bill that he feared for his life and that his life was in danger and Bill's response was to tell him to get a safe house and lie low," Kraft said Thursday in an interview with 98.5 The Sports Hub. "I actually saw Bill -- I think I would've known if that had ever happened -- but I saw Bill today and I said, 'Bill, did Aaron ever tell you his life was in danger?' And he's like, 'Absolutely not.'

"If a player had told Bill his life was in danger, Bill would say we're calling [team director of security] Mark Briggs, we're calling the authorities."
Back to top Go down

Pats prez Kraft disputes Hernandez report

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1