HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sia apologises for Elastic Heart video

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Sia apologises for Elastic Heart video Empty
PostSubject: Sia apologises for Elastic Heart video   Sia apologises for Elastic Heart video EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Sia has apologised to those offended by her video for 'Elastic Heart'.

The clip which features 28-year-old actor Shia LaBeouf and 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler has been criticised for being potentially perverse - as it shows the pair performing an interpretive dance in a cage, while dressed in skin-coloured leotards - prompting the singer to clarify the meaning behind the video which she says depicts ''warring'' parts of her personality.

Taking to her official Twitter account, she wrote: ''I anticipated some 'pedophelia!!!' Cries for this video. All I can say is Maddie and Shia are two of the only actors I felt could play

''These two warring 'sia' self states. (sic)''

The video - which has racked up over three million views in less than 24 hours - caused some social media users to slam the 39-year-old musician for creating the ''disgusting'' piece, with one user saying it ''Smacks of child molestation #pervert #unacceptable #childabuse...Explain please!'' while another fan simple wrote, ''Sia's 'Elastic Heart' video is disgusting.''

However, as well as explaining what she hoped viewers would see when watching the video, the singer - who released her sixth studio album '1000 Forms of Fear' last year - apologised to those who found it disturbing.

She added: ''I apologize to those who feel triggered by #ElasticHeart My intention was to create some emotional content, not to upset anybody.''
Back to top Go down

Sia apologises for Elastic Heart video

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1