Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble Empty
PostSubject: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Since he got injured, Daniel Bryan has lost a ton of momentum. However, before he left he was on top of the world. He decimated pretty much anyone he faced, he was made to look like a legit threat, and then he got injured. WWE was pushing really hard for him to be the "not-face" of the company (if that makes any sense) during his feud with the Authority last year which ended with him dominating WM30 and winning the world title. It looked like he was about to be made the face of the company, the Extreme Rules PPV that followed WM was probably the best ER WWE has ever put out, and it seemed like they were gonna stick to that. Then he got injured and had to go for almost an entire year.

Now that he's back, him winning the Rumble would be an excellent way to rocket him back up. He can definitely be a threat to Lesnar - considering he beat Triple H (someone who beat Lesnar at Mania) and then went on to beat Batista and Orton (with further interference from H), all in the same night, in a very powerful fashion. He was made to look super strong and dominated all three men - all three men which would all rival Lesnar (speaking kayfabe-wise), like Orton v Lesnar, Batista v Lesnar, and Triple H v Lesnar. If those three matches would be plausible, why not Bryan vs Lesnar, since Bryan was "strong" enough to beat all three of those men in one show?

Not only that, but there is really no one else who is ready for this. Their only other option is Reigns (or maybe Ambrose), and neither of them are built up nearly as well as Bryan. Bryan has already headlined WM once, there is no reason he can't do it again. If Bryan wins the Rumble and then goes on to dethrone Lesnar at WM, he can be boosted back up to the top and can be once again put over as the "face of the company." sure, he's 33 years old, but he clearly loves the business and looks to be in for another solid 5-10 years, there's no reason Bryan can't be the next face of the company.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Daniel Bryan hasn't competed since Extreme Rules, yet he is still over as fuck. So I'm keen with a rumble win. But unfortunately it won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:54 pm

Why wouldnt it? I know WWE's made a lot of errors, but this one is honestly pretty blatant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Yes, it is an easy option, however Roman Reigns is being booked to win. I know there's always time to change the route but will the WWE want to? As I said, I agree with Bryan winning, I just don't see it happening with the way they're trying to build up Reigns.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:03 pm

IDK, if anything Reigns is being booked more towards a feud with Big Show. I can't see them randomly putting him in the title picture, especially considering they dropped the ball on hyping him up this year. I can see Rollins and Show vs Roman and Dean, maybe. But I can't see Reigns winning the Rumble. If he does, I feel like fans are going to eat the main event up, WWE isn't going to repeat last year.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm fine with D-Bry winning it.

However I would prefer someone who has been busting their ass to win it. Yes, it was tragic that he was injured and such. That doesn't take away from others though.

Again, also fine with him winning it.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:16 pm

The only three people I feel ready to win the Rumble this year, that haven't won one yet, are Daniel, Ziggler and Dean, whom are three of the most over wrestlers in quite some time. Dean has shown he can work in the main event by putting on two great main event PPV matches in recent months and Daniel just speaks for himself, whilst Ziggler's Survivor Series performance was one of the best in the history of that Pay Per View. I also wouldn't /totally/ be against Bray or Roman winning, but they aren't gonna do a heel vs. heel match to main event WM and I don't quite think Roman is ready. He's really good, albeit only average on the mic (yes, average, not God awful like everyone says), but he's not WrestleMania main event calibre yet.

Last edited by Snoopz Delevingne on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:33 pm

I don't think they would bring Daniel Bryan back and let him be in the Royal Rumble if they were truly going with Reigns. The amount of denial it would take to think Reigns won't get boo'd if they have Daniel Bryan eliminated I think is impossible...

That said, Daniel Bryan MIGHT be "removed" from the match on the next four weeks on Raw to be inserted into a storyline with someone else. He and Rollins would be a really good match to build toward at Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:44 pm

how believable would Brock vs DB be tho? Just asking. DB has been out for so long with an injury. So how believable would him Winning the rumble and beating Brock?
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:47 pm

Bite Me wrote:
how believable would Brock vs DB be tho? Just asking. DB has been out for so long with an injury. So how believable would him Winning the rumble and beating Brock?

Assuming Brock is champion. Considering Brock fights Cena at RR. Who knows, he might have an opponent at Fast Lane or whatever it's called. And then there's also Rollins with his MITB.

If Rollins cashes in on Cena or Brock and becomes champion, it would make perfect sense because The Authority hated D-Bry the most. And Rollins is The Authority's bitch.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Plenty believable. A running knee to the head can knock anyone out. It's far more believable than Rey Mysterio beating anyone, ever, with the 619.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 10:15 pm

Myke wrote:
Bite Me wrote:

Assuming Brock is champion. Considering Brock fights Cena at RR. Who knows, he might have an opponent at Fast Lane or whatever it's called. And then there's also Rollins with his MITB.

If Rollins cashes in on Cena or Brock and becomes champion, it would make perfect sense because The Authority hated D-Bry the most. And Rollins is The Authority's bitch.

I love this idea, but there is no way WWE puts Rollins and Bryan in the main event. Maybe some day, but not this year.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:07 pm

The title match is not guaranteed to go on last. Sting could very well go on last, especially if he's with Taker.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:07 am

I still think Bryan vs Lesnar has some major selling potential. And Bryan beating Lesnar isn't believable? How about Bryan beating Triple H (who beat lesnar at WM) at WM, along with Batista and Orton with interference from Trips, while he was injured in kayfabe? He's been made to look strong as fuck. Funny
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Harry
Jobber
Hardcore Harry

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:28 pm

I doubt Bryan will win the RR but think he would draw better than Reigns against Brock. Yeah Reigns is bigger and more believable to beat Brock but Bryan would be a great underdog fight! Plus someone said the RR winner should be someone who is busting their ass... what makes you think Bryan isn't busting his to get back into the ring?

I think Bryan vs. Brock would be a better match to watch but I still do see them going with Reigns. From what I have seen lately Reigns isn't getting very big pops with the crowd. They are decent but no where near Bryan's. Hardly anyone gets that big of a reaction atm though. I know Dean does! Wink wink!.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:44 pm

I still don't agree whatsoever with "whoever's busting their ass should get it." - wrestling is a business. You either draw or you don't. Look how hard someone like Kofi Kingston works, he busts his ass a lot, but he shouldn't win the RR or beat Brock. Not everything is about hard work, some things are about how you draw. It's sad, but true.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Batman wrote:
I still don't agree whatsoever with "whoever's busting their ass should get it." - wrestling is a business. You either draw or you don't. Look how hard someone like Kofi Kingston works, he busts his ass a lot, but he shouldn't win the RR or beat Brock. Not everything is about hard work, some things are about how you draw. It's sad, but true.

Okay. Based on draw AND hard work, Dolph Ziggler comes a close contender to beating Daniel Bryan. Agree or disagree?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Definitely, but he is still not nearly as well of a viable option as Bryan or maybe even Dean. Simply due to Bryan being built up much better than he has. Aside from SS, Ziggler hasn't done anything to show he can "realistically" fight Lesnar. Whereas Bryan is a solidified main eventer and Dean has been hyped for quite some time now. Bryan is a far better option than both of them and would become much bigger than either of them if done right. Ziggler vs Lesnar wouldn't sell nearly as well as Bryan vs Lesnar, let-alone make as much sense kayfabe-wise.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:06 pm

I don't think Dolph should, or necessarily needs, to win the Rumble this go round. I'd agree with the idea that Bryan should win it, but Dolph could benefit from being the guy in there longest. Maybe have him enter third, and be the last guy Bryan throws out? Then stick him in a high-profile feud for Wrestlemania, and he's still got the momentum.

I'm going all fantasy booker here, but that'd lead nicely into a Dolph heel turn, and Bryan/Ziggler feud for after Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:08 pm

Ziggler would win the Rumble if Lesnar wasnt the champion. We dont even know if they're going to keep the belt on Lesnar at the Rumble to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Hardcore Harry
Jobber
Hardcore Harry

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Ziggler is stuck in the uppercard scene. He has his moments and to be honest I have no clue what is holding him back. He puts on great matches, is decent on the mic and has the look. Not sure what is stopping him from staying in the main event. Having said that Bryan is the best option to win the RR but I again still think they are going with Reigns based off of his size and feel.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:12 pm

I wouldn't mind Ziggler winning the Rumble if Lesnar wasn't champion, but to me - Bryan winning it and then dethroning Lesnar at WM makes perfect sense.

I agree with Mink's point too.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:21 pm

It should be someone completely unexpected. Just to make people go "What."
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:43 pm

#TysonKiddForRumble2015
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:44 pm

Funny thing is, most guys on the roster above a certain point could win the Rumble, and it'd be fine. The idea that, say, Cesaro, or Titus O'Neill can't win the Rumble because they're not big enough doesn't work, as winning the Rumble MAKES them big.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble   Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Daniel Bryan should win the Royal Rumble

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next