HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service Empty
PostSubject: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:53 am

Moments ago, New Japan Pro Wrestling held a live press conference to announce the unveiling of their very own streaming service, “New Japan World”.

The service is available immediately, and is very similar to the WWE Network, in that the promotion will be airing all their major events live. Unlike WWE, where they have TV contracts that keep Raw and Smackdown on major networks, the bulk of New Japan content is offered as pay-per-view in Japan, and internet pay-per-view in the United States. What that means is instead of one major PPV on the WWE Network each month, you’re going to get upwards of four or five big live shows in a given month, including the G1 Tag League finals next weekend.

New Japan World is being offered at 999 yen, which is roughly $8.42 per month, and we’ve already received emails from U.S. fans that have subscribed and are watching classic content. Their website advertises its availability on desktops, tablets and smart phones as well.

CHECK IT OUT NOW at njpwworld.com!
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 8:56 am

You can't watch entire shows but new shows are shown live.

New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service FJBloTX
New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 10:07 am

- Last night at 1AM ET, New Japan Pro Wrestling held a big press conference to announce the launch of New Japan World. New Japan World will be a steaming service, similar to the WWE Network in that they will have both live and archived material available. The price is 999 yen a month, which is $8.40 US at this time. Here is some of that they will include on the channel…

* Basically every major show will air live. There will be four live events in December.

* They will air five live shows in January, including the WrestleKingdom 9 event, which will cost $35 in the US on traditional PPV. They will also air the show the next night from Korakuen Hall as well as two of the FantasticaMania events with CMLL.

* Last year the entire G1 tournament, which was considered one of the greatest ever, cost $110 to order all of the shows. The G1 shows will all air on New Japan World this year.

* There are documentaries on New Japan World, focusing on some of the legendary matches in New Japan history including Antonio Inoki vs. Willem Ruska, Inoki vs. Hulk Hogan, Tiger Mask vs. Dynamite Kid, Keiji Muto vs. Nobuhiko Takada, as well as the G-1 Climax movie that aired in theaters this year.

* They have content going back to 1972 uploaded.

* During the press conference NJPW’s Takaaki Kikani stated that they were the #2 company in the world as far as business goes and #1 as far as wrestling goes. Theier goal is to overtake WWE as #1 overall.

* Much like WWE, they are cannibalizing their iPPV business. The iPPV business outside of Japan was small, so they hope that this service will attract more subscribers.

* They have a goal of 100,000 subscribers for year one.

* You can order the service here.

Credit: f4wonline.com

http://njpwworld.com/
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:02 am

KevIan wrote:
You can't watch entire shows but new shows are shown live.

Really? I herd they just had each match separately for the shows with the other matches for that show below it so they were easy to find.

I may get this because fuck it looks good. Finna gorge myself on this shit.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Yeah that, but I think it's just matches, right? I mean... You can watch every match on the card but not the entire event, if that makes sense? I don't know. Yes, every match is on there, but you can't just hit play and go through a 4 hour show like on the Network.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:42 pm

They probably did that to skip all the unnecessary parts, like the intermission and the beginning & end of the show where it's nothing but the commentators talking.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:53 pm

If only the site was in english. Shaking Head

If I had a steady source of income, I might give it a shot. Same with the WWE Network, honestly. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:13 pm

WWE Network > This

but Jarrett should be working on a NJPW/ROH/AAA network combination tbh if he's not going to, yanno, actually have his own promotion.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 10:51 pm

- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, New Japan’s “New Japan World” online streaming service had a very successful launch. The site reports that NJPW owner Takaaki Kidani was “blown away” with how many customers came from outside of Japan.

The company has an initial goal of 100,000 subscribers and the majority of them are expected to come from the Japanese audience. There are plans to expand internationally and possibly add English commentary for major events. An English version of the website may be available soon.

Kidani said at the press conference announcing New Japan World that while they’re #2 to WWE in terms of business, they want to close the gap. The company is looking at the upcoming Tokyo Dome show, which will air on PPV in the US and be announced by Jim Ross, as a measure of how successful they can be to break into the market.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:07 am

Dead wrote:
An English version of the website may be available soon.
I really hope so nervous

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 12:08 am

Yeah That

but I don't know if I want to give $8 a month. Sad

Get ROH in on this and I'll pay $10 I aint bothered

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service   New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service Empty

Back to top Go down

New Japan Pro Wrestling Unveils It’s Own Streaming Service

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1