HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted Empty
PostSubject: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:39 pm

WWE is looking at doing more major storylines on SmackDown. With SmackDown moving to Thursday in 2015, the idea is to make RAW and SmackDown equal shows instead of the "A" show and the "B" show.

Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted FJBloTX
Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:40 pm

This will last a few months.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Honestly I could see the WWE bringing back the brand split before too long. Maybe 18 or so months from now. It'll be useful to have two world titles in building all these young stars.

Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted FJBloTX
Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 11:53 pm

I think if there was a brand split that SmackDown! would become a B show. I would be fine with that. There was a long time where I preferred SD! over RAW during the split.

Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 12:14 am

As long as SD is pre-taped and spoilers exist, it'll be the B show.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 2:24 am

I am very happy to hear it. I used to like SD! more than RAW back in 06-09. Then, they buried the show.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 12:14 pm

i hope they do elevate the show. seriously. the move to Thursday and TNA moving to a lower tier network will hopefully help rating.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Snoopz wrote:

Uhh no. It's all in how the show is presented, you never see John Cena, you never see any of the top tier guys on that program. Most of the storylines are filler. That is why it's the "B" show. Smackdown was taped during the Brand Extension and it was better than Raw on several occasions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Is the roster strong enough to be split up?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 2:58 pm

Dead wrote:
Snoopz wrote:

Uhh no. It's all in how the show is presented, you never see John Cena, you never see any of the top tier guys on that program. Most of the storylines are filler. That is why it's the "B" show. Smackdown was taped during the Brand Extension and it was better than Raw on several occasions.
I agree with Snoopy. As long as there's one show that airs live it'll take priority over the tapped show.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 3:59 pm

Bull, you've been using that bs "no starpower" argument for 3 years now. There is more than enough star power. Funny

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 4:15 pm

I wasn't talking about star power. Look at the current roster...is there enough people to split it up? I am talking about the main. Unless they call up a bunch of people from NXT to be on the two rosters, idk if is big enough to hold two rosters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 6:43 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Dead wrote:
Snoopz wrote:

I agree with Snoopy. As long as there's one show that airs live it'll take priority over the tapped show.

A taped show doesnt dictate whether or not one show is superior than the other. If Smackdown were live we'd still be getting the same shit we're seeing now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Batman wrote:
Bull, you've been using that bs "no starpower" argument for 3 years now. There is more than enough star power. Funny

There's barely enough star power on RAW and that's why they have to continue to go back to part timers. There is no one on the level of a guy like Cena, Orton etc right now. You put the right people on Smackdown and then you book them to look legit. Put Ziggler and Rollins on there and have them feud for the World Title. Same with Ambrose and Cesaro.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Dead wrote:
Snoopz wrote:

WWE didn't care about the internet and spoilers anywhere near as much back then. Now they do, so they're not gonna put much shocking or great, in general, stuff when they know everyone's gonna know the outcome. The only time I can think of that they did anything surprising in the past few years was when the WHC changed hands when Del Rio beat The Big Show (I think that's who it was). As long as there's spoilers, in this time with the internet being a huge thing for wrestling, WWE will save the big stuff for RAW.

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 9:45 pm

^ Yeah, and also not being live changes people's perceptions. Even if the quality of programming was the same between the two shows, people would see the pre-taped show as less important. This is especially true for people who would rather just read dirt sheet spoilers and skip the show altogether.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 9:53 pm

If the brand thing ever happens again they need to do everything to make RAW and Smackdown seem different. How RAW is filmed and presented shouldn't be how Smackdown is presented. The look, the feel, the Television Production team should all be different.
Back to top Go down
Kasabian Stalker
Jobber

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 10:18 pm

If their answer to building more hype for the show is more 15 man tag matches that involve to 'vertically challenged' people rolling about in amongst a clusterfuck, then it may not go anywhere.

Get rid of the damned bull and the damned gator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted   Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted Empty

Back to top Go down

Observer: Smackdown to get repromoted

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1