HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jim Ross Comments On How His Deal With GFW Happened

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Jim Ross Comments On How His Deal With GFW Happened Empty
PostSubject: Jim Ross Comments On How His Deal With GFW Happened   Jim Ross Comments On How His Deal With GFW Happened EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 8:55 am

Jim Ross has updated his official blog to talk about working with Jeff Jarrett and Global Force Wrestling to call NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9. Here are highlights:

On calling the New Japan Pro Wrestling PPV: “As many of you may know by now, I will be sitting ringside on January 4th in Tokyo for the annual Wrestle Kingdom 9 event from New Japan Pro Wrestling and promoted on PPV in the USA and Canada by Global Force Wrestling. My manager Barry Bloom and Jeff Jarrett had been in talks for a good while attempting to come up with a win-win deal for both parties and they finally succeeded. It wasn’t until this past Monday, the day before the announcement was made on Tuesday November 11, that Jeff and I actually spoke and that was via phone. It had been 15 years since we last spoke.”

On his broadcast partner: “I have no idea who will be my broadcast partner even though Jeff and I have discussed it but the decision at the end of the day will be his. I’d assume we will know that info in a couple of weeks. Whoever it has has to be a preparation freak because many in the English speaking universe are not going to be as familiar with the talents as the hard core fans who religiously follow NJPW. It will be our job to explain the talent’s backgrounds, the storylines, etc while not ignoring holds, strategy, the transitions and the basics of presenting each match as if it were a legit sporting event without insulting the audience.”
Back to top Go down

Jim Ross Comments On How His Deal With GFW Happened

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1