HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Big Bang actress receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Big Bang actress receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame Empty
PostSubject: Big Bang actress receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame   Big Bang actress receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting was honored with the 2,532nd star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday.

The actress is best known for her portrayal of Penny on the long-running sitcom "The Big Bang Theory." Series creator Chuck Lorre and cast members from the show were in attendance.

"You know, I have obviously walked up Hollywood Boulevard many times - during the day, don't worry - and, yeah, you see these epic, all these people in the business that are living and passed and all these things and it's like, 'Wow! What an amazing thing to be able to have that.' And I never in a million years, truly, thought that would happen to me. Not in a million years," Cuoco-Sweeting said after the ceremony.

"I was thrilled to know two people who had them. I thought that was the coolest thing. But to have my own is, like my dad said last night, I told him I was so nervous and he said, 'This is a one-time thing, so enjoy it because it's not going to happen again.' A lot of things can maybe happen a second time around, but not this."

Cuoco-Sweeting requested her star be placed near that of the late actor John Ritter, with whom she worked on the sitcom "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter."

Ritter died in 2003 during that series' run, following complications from an aortic dissection. He was 54.

After her own ceremony, the 28-year-old actress walked a few steps over to Ritter's star and kneeled.

Asked what she thought her late mentor would think of the day's events, Cuoco-Sweeting said he'd likely "be poking jokes."

"He probably would have taken my notecards and thrown them away, or written a joke on there to mess me up. But his smile said a thousand words. He always had a huge smile on his face. I think he's smiling today, for sure."
Back to top Go down

Big Bang actress receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1