HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series? Empty
PostSubject: Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series?   Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:29 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3318034/ghost-face-wont-appear-scream-tv-series/

Bloody Disgusting regular Curtis L. just tipped us over to Ghostface.co.uk, who just published an interesting interview with RJ Torbert from FunWorld.

I guess Torbert is the rights holder to the “look” of Ghost Face, the slasher icon associated with the Scream films. According to him, Ghost Face will not be making an appearance in the new MTV “Scream” series.

“To answer your question regarding the “Scream” TV series…

Please note, that I had been in communication with TWC regarding this and they have informed me, that as of now, and during the initial launch that Ghost Face is NOT involved in the new format. They also indicated that because of this direction, it does not mean, that Ghost Face will not be involved at a later date. So, there is still a question, to the question.

However, as of now, there is no involvement.

That’s a curious statement, as there could be an eventual tie-in to the series. But, as of this writing, it sounds as if there are no real plans to bring Ghost Face into the television world.

Here’s some clarification by Torbert in regards to the rights:

We believe , ‘Scream’ is Ghost Face, and Ghost Face is Scream. However, while Ghost Face is owned by Fun World, The Scream Motion Picture Franchise is owned by The Weinstein Company and it is their option to Film a movie or TV show without Ghost Face.

Regardless, we wish them the best of luck and I’m sure ‘Scream’ fans will check out the series. Who knows what will happen in the future regarding the series and Ghost Face. Never say never.

The MTV series stars Willa Fitzgerald, Taylor-Klaus, Bobby Campo (The Final Destination), Connor Weil (Sharknado) and Joel Gretsch (Witches of East End, V, The 4400). You can read about their characters here.

It’s said to center on a YouTube viral video gone wrong, which leads to adverse repercussions for teenager Audrey Jesen and will also serve as the “catalyst for a murder and opens up a window to the town’s troubled past.”
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series?   Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series? EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:10 am

I don't think people will give it a chance without Ghost Face.

Ghost Face Won’t Appear In “Scream” TV Series?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1