HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Keaton would reprise Batman role

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Michael Keaton would reprise Batman role Empty
PostSubject: Michael Keaton would reprise Batman role   Michael Keaton would reprise Batman role EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Michael Keaton would reprise his role as Batman if he could work with Tim Burton again.

The 63-year-old actor played The Caped Crusader in 1989 movie 'Batman' and the 1992 sequel 'Batman Returns' and admits he would be prepared to create a new cinematic story if Burton wanted to.

When asked by Entertainment Weekly if he would don the Batsuit again, he replied: ''If it was Tim Burton directing? In a heartbeat.''

Keaton also praised Burton, 56, for being the first director to create ''dark'' superhero films, something which directors like Christopher Nolan - who helmed 'The Dark Knight' trilogy with Christian Bale as Batman - have been lauded for.

He added: ''Tim, in the movies, really invented the whole dark superhero thing. He started everything, and some of the guys who have done these movies since then don't say that, and they're wrong.''

Keaton decided to exit the Batcave after the second film, handing the famous cape over to Val Kilmer for 'Batman Forever', despite being offered $15 million to star in a third film.

Explaining his decision to walk away from the franchise, he said: ''It sucked. Yeah, it was just awful.''

Despite having played the character, Keaton has never watched Nolan's films properly and has no words of advice for current Batman Ben Affleck, who will make his debut as the DC Comics character in 'Superman v Batman: Dawn of Justice'.

He said: ''Chris Nolan is great, but I've never seen any of the Batman movies all the way through. I know they're good. I just have zero interest in those kinds of movies. I mean, people are asking me, 'Is Ben Affleck going to be any good?' And my attitude is, First of all, why would you ask me? Second, he's probably going to be very good, and third, frankly, it's all set up now so that you're weirdly kind of safe.''
Back to top Go down

Michael Keaton would reprise Batman role

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1