HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who has had a Better Career? #6

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who has had a Better Career? #6 Empty
PostSubject: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:33 pm

Stone Cold Steve Austin or CM Punk
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Stone Cold, Punk isn't done with his career yet. Punk still has a way to go.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Pretty sure he is done. As far as we know...could come back... but for now...He done
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Austin. And it doesn't even come close (as of right now), imo
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 4:17 pm

^ Exactly my point. CM Punk has had what? two good years? Austin had many more. Punk isn't done, anyone who actually believes that doesn't know wrestling. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 5:22 pm

>counting Punks WWE run only

Even with Punks run in TNA and ROH, it doesn't come close to what Austin accomplished. Also until Punk says he's bored and wants to come back to wrestling in any form, he's done.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I dunno guys, Austin was a main eventer from early 97 to the end of 01, like 4 years.

Punk was a main eventer from the middle of 2008 until early 2013, almost 5 years.

Just sayin' I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Punk wasn't a main eventer in 2007, was he? He may have been a main eventer technically after he won his first WHC with the MitB, but I thought that was late 2008. He certainly wasn't a top guy until 2011. He spent about two and a half years as a top guy until he left. Stone Cold was a top guy for longer than that, I think.

Who has had a Better Career? #6 MJFR42R
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:42 pm

It was a typo, I meant 2008. Funny
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Austin "became a main eventer" at WM13 against Bret. That's what everyone agrees on. He was the top guy until Survivor Series 99, when he had surgery. Then he missed almost all of 2000, had that terrible heel run in 2001, and had left by the middle of 2002.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Punks true rise to the main event didn't start till 2011. He had main event type feuds with a lot of people but they weren't IN the main event.
Back to top Go down
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Austin, he was the Hogan of the Attitude Era. Actually Stone Cold was bigger than Hogan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Austin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySat Oct 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Peg and his pot shots, getting under my skin.
Back to top Go down
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:44 am

Depends what criteria you use. Austin was (And is) more popular, but in terms of accomplishments they're close and I much prefer Punk's best matches, promos and feuds to Austin's.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 5:59 pm

I was counting Punk's RoH and TNA runs too.

Also LMFAO @ "Punk has been a main eventer since 2008" Funny

No he hasn't. Not even slightly. He started being a main eventer in mid 2011, and it lasted till mid 2013.

It'd be like saying Ziggler is a main eventer right now.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
MFiSG
Middle Carder
MFiSG

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 EmptySun Oct 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Tough call. I think that CM Punk was the face of some of the most compelling content in WWE at a time when their programming was very stale. But to that effect, Steve Austin was instrumental in introducing the Attitude Era, at a time when WWF programming was also pretty stagnant. It's extremely close, but I'd edge it out to Austin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who has had a Better Career? #6   Who has had a Better Career? #6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who has had a Better Career? #6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1