HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Giger Aliens In ‘Prometheus’ Sequel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

No Giger Aliens In ‘Prometheus’ Sequel Empty
PostSubject: No Giger Aliens In ‘Prometheus’ Sequel   No Giger Aliens In ‘Prometheus’ Sequel EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 3:52 pm

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3314276/giger-aliens-prometheus-sequel/

Ridley Scott, the man behind Alien and Blade Runner, is out promoting his latest, Exodus: Gods and Kings, which stars Christian Bale as Moses and tells the story of the legendary Old Testament leader.

Yahoo! caught up with the director who turned his attention to two major sequels in development.

While he may be in the midst of pre-production on The Martian, starring Matt Damon, work on the second Prometheus movie is also well underway. And it won’t feature the famous H.R. Giger Xenomorph…

“Right now, as we speak, it’s being written,” he tells the site. “I’ve had 15 drafts evolving. I definitely want to do that again because I really enjoyed doing ‘Prometheus’.

“The beast is done. Cooked,” he added. “I got lucky meeting Giger all those years ago. It’s very hard to repeat that. I just happen to be the one who forced it through because they said it’s obscene. They didn’t want to do it and I said, ‘I want to do it, it’s fantastic’. But after four (he has conveniently forgotten the ‘AvP’ movies), I think it wears out a little bit. There’s only so much snarling you can do. I think you’ve got to come back with something more interesting. And I think we’ve found the next step. I thought the Engineers were quite a good start.”

In a small spoiler, he also reveals a small plot point in the sequel: ““You’ll probably have to go with [Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw] and [Michael Fassbender’s android David] – without his head. Find out how he gets his head back on!”

In regards to a second Blade Runner, “It’s on the charts,” he reveals, “I can’t say when that would be yet, because of [Ford’s] thing with ‘Star Wars’. It’s a sequel – it’s what happens next. It’s quite surprisingly clever.”
Back to top Go down

No Giger Aliens In ‘Prometheus’ Sequel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1